Homebrew Launcher crashes to red screen (multiple exploits tried)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nobody231, Oct 16, 2016.

1. nobody231
    OP

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    Before anyone tells me "GO SEARCH YOU IMBECILE", I have searched Google and searched GBATemp, so I have tried to find information about this.

I was attempting a DSIWare downgrade for a friend, and had successfully transferred over both a functioning steelhax save and a functioning Fieldrunners downgrade save. However, when attempting to launch the Homebrew Launcher with SteelHax, it crashed with a red screen. I thought that it was just a boot error, so I tried again. Nothing. After many tries, I went and tried BaseHaxx, which also crashed on a red screen. Does anyone know what causes the red screen crash, and how do I fix it?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Do you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card? I would assume so since you said you had a functioning Steelhax save but just to be sure. What model and firmware is the system you transferred to on?

gnmmarechal likes this.
  3. nobody231
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    wtf
    I am a dumbass
    I am a dumbass
    I repeat
    I am a dumbass

DEAR GOD HOW COULD I FORGET THAT!?

Joom and gnmmarechal like this.
  4. nwhiteman42

nwhiteman42 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    The exploit goes to red screen when it is running boot.3dsx. 99% of time crashes at red screen mean ur boot.3dsx is missing or corrupted.

5. nobody231
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    yeah, my boot.3dsx was missing. It's funny, because I even remembered to copy over all of the homebrew programs, but NOT the boot.3dsx.