homebrew launcher CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by yusuo, Oct 27, 2015.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    So i've got RX Tools running on my O3DS XL and was wondering if there was an easier way to get the homebrew launcher running, I can access it via sliderhax sometimes, browserhax doesn't work,

What I was wondering is there a way to launch Homebrew Launcher without going through the normal hax, like a CIA for example

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Nope, but you should look into themehax. The only reason I don't use it is because it's not compatible with custom themes.

3. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I've already got themehax to boot rxtools automatically, quick question though, can I have custom themes on emunand

4. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    Yes, you can have custom theme on emunand

5. PandaMayFire

PandaMayFire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    I also think this would be pretty convenient... I'm just curious, would it be hard to make/convert the Homebrew Launcher to CIA format? I'm asking because I don't know how any of that works, I'm not a coder. But anyways, it would be cool to see this happen, one of you skilled people should consider doing it +1

6. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Homebrew launcher it self yes, very easy. Problem is it is not able to run any other homebrew rendering it useless.

What could be done is write a homebrew app that runs the ropbin and boots the HB launcher that way, essentially making a homebrew that auto exploits itself. Should be possible but probably hard, but IDK.