Hacking Homebrew Launcher .cia, rxTools and CtrBootManager?

Phoenny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, thanks to the tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/) I managed to install rxTools on my 2DS, and to boot right into emuNAND when I power on my console using menuhax. Then I tried to install the Homebrew Launcher .cia by Yellows8 on my emuNAND, but I got stuck on a red screen when trying to boot Homebrew.
Since right now, to use CtrBootManager, I had to rename the homebrew boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx, could it be possible that the Launcher .cia is not able to detect the right boot.3dsx? Have I done something wrong? Sorry for the poor explanation, I'm very tired and English is not my main language.

D

Deleted-236924

Put your SD card into your computer, then get a hex editor (I recommend HxD.)
Open your menuhax ropbin payload in the hex editor, then search for text-string "boot.3dsx", rename it to something else, 4-characters long.

Then on your SD card, rename CtrBootManager to what you changed in your payload, and rename your homebrew launcher back to boot.3dsx
Change your config for CtrBootManager accordingly so that it points to boot.3dsx for the homebrew launcher.

When you start up your 2DS with the hex-edited payload, it will load the new file you specified instead of boot.3dsx (I personally use nhax.3dsx, for "ninjhax" :P)
Then when you load yellows8's launcher, it will load boot.3dsx which is the homebrew launcher.

It isn't possible to hex edit the payload used by yellows8's launcher, because for some reason it doesn't work right unless you use a completely unmodified payload. So let yellows8's launcher start up boot.3dsx, and get menuhax to boot CtrBootManager under a different name.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Open your menuhax ropbin payload in the hex editor, then search for text-string "boot.3dsx", rename it to something else, 4-characters long.

Then on your SD card, rename CtrBootManager to what you changed in your payload, and rename your homebrew launcher back to boot.3dsx
Change your config for CtrBootManager accordingly so that it points to boot.3dsx for the homebrew launcher.

When you start up your 2DS with the hex-edited payload, it will load the new file you specified instead of boot.3dsx (I personally use nhax.3dsx, for "ninjhax" :P)
Then when you load yellows8's launcher, it will load boot.3dsx which is the homebrew launcher.

It isn't possible to hex edit the payload used by yellows8's launcher, because for some reason it doesn't work right unless you use a completely unmodified payload. So let yellows8's launcher start up boot.3dsx, and get menuhax to boot CtrBootManager under a different name.
God bless. Appreciate ya fam.
Seriously you're life saver. Playing code of princess right now full 3d slider up getting dem over 9000 frames. HYPE GET.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

I just wanted to say thanks for this. I had done it before recently but forgot the process and it had been driving me crazy particularly since I now need to use OOTHax again. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt