Hacking Homebrew is upside down!

Zephyrnereus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so I was following This guide to hack my Wii. I was updating the IOSs that were on the list. I think there was a bad connection during IOS 38, 53, or 55. it sent me back to the homebrew menu, but it was upside down! I turned off the wii and tried again, it was still upside down! i tried reinstalling it with the "go to the SD files" (sorry, forgot the name) method, but it said it wasnt able to install anything, not even DVDx or BootMii. right now Im restoring the NAND with BootMii. thankfully, it fixed it. I want to know, what exactly happened? should I try to update the IOSs again?

also, another thing. I tried to install the 4.0 system menu with Waninkoko's updater (following the guide of the link), but the program froze. this was before I installed theIOSs. is there another "safe" way to install 4.0? i already had the shop channel installed before, and I think that is why it didn't work. (i believe its the version before the recent update) I installed it along with IOS61.

notes: my wii has the 3.3u system menu with BootMii, a patched IOS36, cIOS38_rev14, IOS249

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Zephyrnereus said:
so I was following This guide to hack my Wii. I was updating the IOSs that were on the list. I think there was a bad connection during IOS 38, 53, or 55. it sent me back to the homebrew menu, but it was upside down! I turned off the wii and tried again, it was still upside down! i tried reinstalling it with the "go to the SD files" (sorry, forgot the name) method, but it said it wasnt able to install anything, not even DVDx or BootMii. right now Im restoring the NAND with BootMii. thankfully, it fixed it. I want to know, what exactly happened? should I try to update the IOSs again?

also, another thing. I tried to install the 4.0 system menu with Waninkoko's updater (following the guide of the link), but the program froze. this was before I installed theIOSs. is there another "safe" way to install 4.0? i already had the shop channel installed before, and I think that is why it didn't work. (i believe its the version before the recent update) I installed it along with IOS61.

notes: my wii has the 3.3u system menu with BootMii, a patched IOS36, cIOS38_rev14, IOS249

if you used waninkoko's 4.0 updater you're luck you didnt brick your wii, as it downloads the latest ios60 which is now a stub.

as for the homebrew channel loading upside down, search before you post next time. there are heaps of threads about this.

it happens because its running on a patched ios. make sure that the ios that its running off isnt patched and it will be fine. if you are on 4.0+ this will be ios61, which has no need to be patched in the first place.

Zephyrnereus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was really lucky then...

so what other program could I use to update to 4.0? Im currently at 3.3... if its not possible,is there a way to open saved wiiware and classic games from the SD card? that's pretty much the only reason why I want to update. well also be able to change the appearence of the Wii system menu.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Zephyrnereus said:
I was really lucky then...

so what other program could I use to update to 4.0? Im currently at 3.3... if its not possible,is there a way to open saved wiiware and classic games from the SD card? that's pretty much the only reason why I want to update. well also be able to change the appearence of the Wii system menu.

download a working ios60 (V6174) and the correct system menu for your region using nusd, and then update every other ios using dop-ios or Pimp My Wii

better off going to 4.1 over 4.0 personally though.

Zephyrnereus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what does 4.1 have over 4.0? the only reason i want to get 4.0 is because I read that the system menu hacks (change the appearance) are for either 4.0 or 3.2 only.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Zephyrnereus said:
what does 4.1 have over 4.0? the only reason i want to get 4.0 is because I read that the system menu hacks (change the appearance) are for either 4.0 or 3.2 only.

nope, if anything there are probably more mods and themes for 4.1 these days.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1 fixed a bug so you don't have to keep watching the Wii Motion video at the start of Wii Sports Resort after having played a game from SD.

If you want to change your menu have a look at this

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
download this 1st link below and go to 4.1 because 4.0 has a bug when loading some games (wiisports resort is 1)...youl have to watch a damn movie over again after plaing vc...thats why its 4.1 realy just a bug fix.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FYAA0XZL
this is a upgrader/downgrader link i provided above it will upgrade you via wifi , so have your wifi working when you run this through HBC. and be sure to pick the proper region.
(the above link comes from this link)
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/09/firm...11-mod-124.html

HBC upside down is from haveing a patched ios 36..i believe is your case that enable you to install preloader, then when your done, un patch it and youll be fine agin with a regular HBC

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
is the program to us to download the ios 36 click the data base tab to get the file you want
then click pack-->wad to get it in a form you can use with HBC wad manager
then pull the wad out of the new folder created...ignor the other crap
install it with wad manager HBC will be rite side up again

if its not pay attention to which ios HBC uses (it will show on the press of the home button in HBC)
then redo this with the proper ios from nusd...but i bet its 36

there are thread saying waninkoko updaters update with stubbs instead of the proper files
u should use this feature http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=search to find some of the stuff your asking here, its been mentioned alot already thats why you dont get good quik responses...

-=-=- wow since 0m39a's 2nd response you did get quite a few...thats how long it took me to type this

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you haven't realized by now, its upside down not because there is something wrong with your Wii but because the authors of Homebrew channel is deliberately playing a childish prank on you for having a modded IOS.

The people who created The Homebrew Channel are very smart but also very juvenile, its no wonder Nintendo did not take them seriously.

They had their fun but look at all the normal users who thought their Wii broke and attempted dangerous repairs trying to fix it, some probably brick theirs in the process. Not to mention the amount of threads looking for help.

Another solution: use NUS Downloader and get IOS61 (v5405), install it with WAD Manager then uninstall and reinstall HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes