Homebrew Internet Browser??

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by NeoGenesis, Nov 2, 2008.

Nov 2, 2008

Homebrew Internet Browser?? by NeoGenesis at 8:27 PM (7,899 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. NeoGenesis
    OP

Newcomer NeoGenesis Member

Canada
    I am wondering if it would be possible for somebody to code a homebrew internet browser with Flash 9 support to replace the Opera one from big N;
    and if possible (which I don't see why it wouldn't be!) why the hell hasn't anybody done it?

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Well.. first of all, this has been discussed SEVERAL times the last few days.. please search next time..
    and no it isn't EASY to develop a web browser , especially not for a platform that isn't that old, or meant for custom programs, try by yourself first, before wondering & complaining why it hasn't been done.

Also, it doesn't got flash 9 support as the support isn't available as Adobe hasn't released the source of it.. good luck making a custom web browser with flash 9 support.

(though there is one in progress, i think you can find it in the wiibrew discussions, or here at GBAtemp somewhere)

3. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    lol First off No One said I was complaining, sorry if it sounded that way to you but my comment states if it is possible than why the Hell not? lol, it must be that H word that throws you off [​IMG]
    Secondly I read and review these forums daily as I have been doing for months and I have heard no talk of this anywhere (why don't you post a link then plz?) I'm sorry if I don't have the time to read every single post before I bother speculating about the possibilities of these things [​IMG]
    And Third, did I say in my previous post that I was a coder?
    Where did you get that impression?
    Clearly you must have made that assumption given you say try by myself first???
    Do you want to teach me??

Mind the Sarcasm but I'm getting kind of tired of people giving self righteous answers to people who just may possibly not have the programming skills to do something like this on there own, nor the time to read and read and read (and believe me I read alot and still nothing about Homebrew Net browsers other than this post, I'm not all seeing (at least not as far as I know lol) and I can't read every post on here). When a nice polite answer to a question would be sufficient.

You tell me:
    "good luck making a custom web browser with flash 9 support."
    Who the Fu#% said I was going to try?? Or that I knew how???
    I think you need to do a little more thinking before you needlessly give someone shit for asking a question,
    wellllll I'm out of breath.
    Stuff it.

Edit: I just did a search via the search button and find NO posts about this, thanx for the help:
    "this has been discussed SEVERAL times the last few days.. please search next time.."

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    forget about the begging attitude, this is exactly the kind of remark that will often get people pissed at you and only bring you rude answers

thing is, you have absolutely no coding knowledge but still are persuaded something is easy to do... short answer, no it isn't and yes this has been already discussed many times around here (search the hacking forum), don't even think you came with a revolutionnary homebrew idea [​IMG]

5. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    lol haha [​IMG]

6. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I have a revolutionary homebrew idea .. what about a WEB BROWSER ?

Now i havent read this thread because im too lazy to start at the start , but surely no one else has discussed it or thought about it or suggested it ever, so ill just post without checking

7. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey guys anyone working on a homebrew web browser yet that would be so cool };-)

8. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    Hahahha Jeez you guys all need to get a life!
    LOL I mean seriously, ban me whatever if your all SO SERIOUS about getting pissed at somebody for asking a noob question LOL
    Give all your heads a shake!

"I have a revolutionary homebrew idea .. what about a WEB BROWSER ?
    Now i havent read this thread because im too lazy to start at the start , but surely no one else has discussed it or thought about it or suggested it ever, so ill just post without"... blah blah blah

It's this kind of sarcastic arrogant bullshit that pisses people off.
    At least in the real world where peoples lives don't revolve around things so cereal as NINTENDO WII LOL [​IMG]

"forget about the begging attitude, this is exactly the kind of remark that will often get people pissed at you and only bring you rude answers
    thing is, you have absolutely no coding knowledge but still are persuaded something is easy to do... short answer, no it isn't and yes this has been already discussed many times around here (search the hacking forum), don't even think you came with a revolutionnary homebrew idea laugh.gif" HAHHAHHAAHAH who in the fu#% said I had a revolutionary homebrew idea??
    and I sure don't see how the words "and IF possible (which I don't see why it wouldn't be!)" give you the idea I said it was easy??? Where the fu#$ did I say that?
    oh and as far as me saying "why the Hell hasn't it been done?" hahahaha
    GET ON IT
    lol
    did you take me that cerealy?

You know it's funny how much talk would go around on other Sites such as this *cough* Wiiso * cough* about the maturity level of some people here on Gbatemp.
    Hard to see how they thought that!

Give all yourselves a break from Video Games guys, and get some real air in your lungs.
    I never said I had a revolutionary Idea (never gave the impression as far as I thought lol)
    I was not begging; lol beg for a homebrew web browser on Nintendo Wii LOL
    I was simply asking a question I wasn't sure of the answer. Yes I searched the forums,
    No I can't dedicate so MANY HOURS A DAY LOL to searching video game hack forums lol

Wipe away your tears
    as I fan the flames lol
    don't be a Bunch of Girlies.
    (my apologies to any who may really be female)
    Have a kiss

...Priss
    [​IMG]

9. djtaz

Ireland
    That’s it - come onto a forums that for video game players and tell them that they are all losers and to get out and get some fresh air - good move there brain box... way to make it obvious that it’s not just coding knowledge you lack.

I'm exceptionally helpful on these forums to anyone who has a small bit of intelligence and makes any small effort at all to follow the etiquette of the sites in general.
    Looking up previous posts before making a post is a universal standard on all forums and not repeating questions that have already been asked is not just a forum based protocol but it also has an essence in the real world.

You will notice that pretty much everyone will take the piss out of you from now on if you try posting again on this.

10. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States

Calm the fuck down. This is a forum site. Stop taking every post as a personal attack on your intelligence.

But on a side note, you should monitor your use of "LOL" before you tell anyone to get a life. This isn't an AOL chatroom.

11. CorruptedAngel

Member CorruptedAngel GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    if this guy wants to make a good impression as a new person on the forums, hes doin a bad job...

Im fairly new but im pretty sure no one hates me, (yet, *looks around, scared*) and ive not posted any questions that can be answered with a simple search lol, woo i might even be good a the whole forum thing!

12. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    do you understand the term "tongue in cheek"?
    how many of you have put the words in my mouth?
    take it for what it is.

Watch as I fan the flames
    Your anger raging againzt
    my Boxed Brains
    Let it rain let it rain...
    big bunch of baby's lol

13. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    I would make a lenghty re-reply, but everyone else has already answered you in the way i would've..

oh also, here's my search result (in about 10 sec)2nd result at "Wii web browser"
    (and yeah.. it did sound a bit rude with the "hell" part like.. you're wondering why nobody hasn't made a complex homebrew, of something that essentially already exists officially, a bit thin yes, but it's functional.)

14. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    my point is the comment was tongue in cheek, i'm sorry if anyone took it any other way.
    my other point is I never said it would be easy
    I never said I was a coder, on that note I never said I had zero coding knowledge either.
    I've worked with computers since the end of the eighties [​IMG]
    just because I made a mistake and asked a question already asked doesn't beg for Smart Ass comments
    I enjoy my video games alot too, but once i see folks get so riled up about someone asking a question that's already been answered
    and that fact,
    I can't help but think Jeezus Sorry Guys for that dumb question but
    Bite Me, if that's how you are going to be about it
    I did search, I usually read entire threads b4 I comment but
    this time I guess I didn't see what was right in front of me
    So I thought I would ask.
    Begging? I don't be thinking so.
    Sorry if people took it that way

15. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    Plz delete this thread.

16. djtaz

Ireland
    The Idea is pretty good really and to be honest i was looking for a very basic browser myself that supported flash but i took a look around and didnt see one.

I was going to post and see if anyone had the skills to create a webbrowser that pointed at one particular page and had no toolbars at all and supported flash so that i could create a page i wanted and build around that with links etc etc.

I did a little research and discovered that it was a lot more difficult that i thought it would be and didnt really want to bother anyone with my little project so i gave up on the whole idea.

Of course if anyone had the skills to do something like that they could give me a should and ill explain exactly what i was looking for - or if anyone was working on a project like that i could contact them and see if they could modify their code to suit what i wanted , but id do it in a polite manner.

Your idea wasnt bad , but it had been thought of , and your way of expressing it wasnt the best for someone with so little input into the project - other than that you would have got away with it.

17. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    lol agreed djtaz [​IMG]

18. NeoGenesis
    OP

Canada
    I just want to be able to view good TV sites on my Wii, so I can have my sitcoms on demand!
    After looking about I see it really isn't easy, but then again I never said it would be, did I?

19. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can do that with the Opera browser. There's sites that allow you to stream TV shows through Flash, and I know it works because I've used it.

Even better, download Winamp Remote. You'll have instant access to all your music and video files from your PC on your Wii. It's not the best quality, but for an internet browser it's the best you're gonna get until Geexbox implements wifi sharing.

20. NosferatuZODD

Newcomer NosferatuZODD Member

United States
    I've got Firefox working via Linux on my xbox with Flash 9 installed but it's not able to play video at full speed due to the ram limitations. So I'm not sure it would be much faster on a Wii.

ATM I think the Wii homebrew scene is quite strong and has many very intelligent and driven people working on different projects. It's just a matter of time before we get new breakthroughs that address the wants and needs mentioned in this thread.

NeoGenesis I'm not sure how old you are but it's best to be humble and just ask your question outright without any extra fluff because often times it comes across wrong and you end up having to defend your comments rather than continue with a constructive conversation on the topic you started.

It all goes back to maturity and humility.