Hacking Homebrew install

xtrahuge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have come across some great guides on how to install the Hombrew channel on Wii, but I am unclear on why I need the Zelda game. Does this mean to get homebrew to work I have to buy this game or can I rent it from Blockbuster just to be Hombrew installed.

Thanks,

HUGE

coolmission

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
You need to run Zelda TWP once, to load a 'hacked savegame' that you stored on your wii beforehand. It allows you to run some lines of code, thus allowing you to install the HBC or running other homebrew code.

You can rent the game, you do not necessarily need to buy the game. After you've installed the Homebrew Channel, you do NOT need a copy of Zelda anymore.

Hope this helped

Happy brewing
wink.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A copy of Zelda is very handy to have around though. If after you install the HBC, you should install Starfall and the recovery menu. This, along with the TP Hack will allow to fix your Wii incase of a Banner or Semi-Brick without needing any special hardware. So at first you might not need to own it, but if you happen across a cheap copy somewhere it wont hurt for you to have it lying around. If you have 2 friends with Wii's, just charge them $20 a piece to load the HBC on there Wii for them, and cover the cost of buying the game.
grog.gif
Cheers - LMFAO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: