Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just upgraded from 6.20 to 8.1 using ChoirdujoirNX and im trying to use Kosmos (atmosphere?) for the first time moving from Rienx. I've attempted to install homebrew from the hombrew app store but most things keep crashing. The errors i get are 2168-0002 and 2168-0641. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, ive wiped my SD card which is formatted to Fat32 and added files from sdsetup.com

I can't seem to load the or install the majority of homebrew without these errors appearing, what can i do to resolve this?

Reactions: DellStock

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have the latest homebrew app store nro in your switch folder?
I used the file give in sdsetup.com. I removed the both the homebrew app store and the hombrew launcher with the latest files from github and switchbrew. still the same error messages :/

Edit: Are there compatibility errors with apps and the app store? things like ftpd snap will download and open and others like quake and doom crash on download/open. always the same error

Last edited by Freckles,

DellStock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same issue.
Apps from the homebrew store crash with some error like OP
apps from the GitHub or even from here crash back to HBL then the 2nd try it says an error has occured.

I get errors on both Applet mode and non-applet mode.

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found out this is due to not all the Full access/permissions being available to Atmosphere. The fix is to first open the Album (whatever the CFW app loading thing is, not the actual switch album), then load any game but holding R the whole time. This should then start the game briefly before kicking back into the CFW app loading album area but now with full access/permissions.

Video that does a better job of explaining why is here, 9:30 in :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH