Hacking Homebrew Channel Bubbles Problem

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Homebrew Channel and DVDX successfully through BannerBomb and BootMii on my 4.0E Wii. Now, when I run the Homebrew Channel it only shows bubbles and this little icon on the bottom right of the screen keeps flashing. I've put all my applications in a folder called apps (which is on the root of the SDHC card) and renamed the applications to boot.dol and put those in their respective folders that I created (in the apps folder). I have a 4GB Sandisk MicroSDHC that is put into a SD Card adapter. Some people say that some SDHC cards are incompatible with the Homebrew Channel. Can that be the case. All answers and opinions are welcome

Thanks

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the card I used to install the Homebrew Channel. The Wii's reading the card, it's HBC that's not. That's the problem

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
personager said:
This is the card I used to install the Homebrew Channel. The Wii's reading the card, it's HBC that's not. That's the problem
does hbc boot if the card is empty?

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
personager said:
I'm not sure what you mean. The problem is that when I start HBC only bubbles show up. So, if the cards empty I'm sure the same thing's bound to happen

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually have a 4gig Kingston SDHC, and it works with HBC. The only thing it does not work with is WADmanager... I have to borrow my friend's SD card when I install wiiware/channels.

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bergkees said:
The HBC 1.0.2 that comes with bootmii has problems with accessing sdhc cards.
You can either wait for the fix or try a normal sd card
(or install hbc 1.01)
Really? I've never heard that one before

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NightKry said:
I actually have a 4gig Kingston SDHC, and it works with HBC. The only thing it does not work with is WADmanager... I have to borrow my friend's SD card when I install wiiware/channels.
That's because you have to install cIOS Rev10 for it to support SDHCs

Can anyone else help me out?

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the easiest way out for me is to transfer all my files in my MicroSDHC card into a normal SD Card and use that, right?

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. That's some more money out of my pocket. What a waste of a MicroSDHC card.....I guess I'll just use it for my DSTT

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
personager said:
manias said:
personager said:
I'm not sure what you mean. The problem is that when I start HBC only bubbles show up. So, if the cards empty I'm sure the same thing's bound to happen
the problem isn't the bubbles
wink.gif
that is the normal hbc animation. The problem is the hbc cannot read your sdhc card. that i why i said empty the card to see if hbc will open, because it won't try to read stuff perhaps.. (maybe your data is corrupted on yer sdhc or a bad .dol) About those emulators of yours with sdhc support.. the EMULATORS can read sdhc, but HBC cannot! So you can't boot them, see? Those emulators support loading roms from sdhc, the sdhc support has nothing to do with them showing up or not in hbc. So install HBC 1.01 or use an sd card, they are SUPER cheap
Or, use usb @ the latest hbc.. take out your sdhc card and it will try to find stuff on usb.

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of your answers guys. I'll probably just get a 2GB SD Card and transfer all my files from my SDHC card into that. That seems the easiest way to get what I want, less hassle.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use the hackmii installer to uninstall homebrew channel... then use bannerbomb to install homebrew channel 1.0.1

had the same problem as you did... this worked...

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
I would use the hackmii installer to uninstall homebrew channel... then use bannerbomb to install homebrew channel 1.0.1

had the same problem as you did... this worked...
This may sound stupid but can't I just uninstall the Homebrew Channel through the Wii's data management?

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, and how exactly shall I uninstall it using the HackMii Installer (BootMii)? The same way I installed it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!