Homebrew Channel beta 8..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djdynamite123, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008
  1. djdynamite123
    OP

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Since iv'e had beta 8, iv'e never been prompted with an update, has anyone else?
    I understand this version has the update feature, but there hasn't been an update at all has there?

Just though id say this, as i think we may receive an update for beta 8 very soon.

2. StacMaster-S

Member StacMaster-S GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why do you say that? If it's because of the recent WiiShop patch, I'm not sure if that really warrants an HBC update... doesn't everyone have this installed by now?

3. djdynamite123
    OP

United Kingdom
    They should do, but for some bizarre reason people still delete it*

I was just wondering with it having an automatic update feature, surprised we haven't received an update of the channel, with i don't know a new layout, etc.? something like that...

Also noticed homebrew browser hasn't been updated recently since something like the 5th October.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Nope, I haven't seen anything new either. When the first public beta was released (7) I installed it, and beta 8 was released a bit later. There are quite a few bugs in beta 8 (launching homebrew with a GC memory cart in it won't work, the power button (even the one on the Wii itself) doesn't shut the Wii down etc.) but it looks like they don't really care...

5. djdynamite123
    OP

United Kingdom
    Iv'e had people always saying about Gamecube mem cards, and usb sticks, interfering with applications, the applications that they have had interfered with, iv'e NEVER, same with people saying about wiiConnect24. hmm... (cant understand them bugs)

One bug i noticed, is if you edited a meta xml file wrong, it will code dump your homebrew channel, that's the only issue iv'e ever had, and maybe sometimes having to re format your SD..

6. Meowayne

Member Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I desperately long for an update that lets me turn the rumble off. It annoys the hell out of me, it's a huuge waste of battery power, and I can't understand why they put that in there in the first place.

7. djdynamite123
    OP

United Kingdom
    For the boys & girls that like Vibrations lol, if you don't like it, open up one of your wiimotes and remove the rumble feature. Then that can be your homebrew remote.

8. Tgames

Member Tgames GBAtemp Regular

France
    Are you sure ? Marcan have say this ?

9. kangarookangaroo

Member kangarookangaroo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get rechargeable batteries [​IMG]' Mine last me 1-2 weeks.

10. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's not that they don't care, the power functions are still being researched by them and it appears to be tricky. (I found out by reading their dev logs on hackmii) and the gc memory card conflict is a device conflict as the homebrew channel is set up to receive data over a usb gecko connection as well which uses those ports and I don't think it can differentiate what kind of card is plugged in, which is why it's an issue because it's constantly pinging that port thinking it's a usbgecko.

Honestly I'm more geared towards them finishing up bootmii so we can have a failsafe operation of our wiis, not putting a ton of time into something so small as power button access (just choose exit and let the wii reboot and turn it off, it takes like 5 seconds, man) or having to not take a gamecube memory card out.

11. djdynamite123
    OP

United Kingdom
    Lol, they'll last that long if you hardly use your wii, also it goes by what power your batteries are for e.g.
    A 1000mah .....not going to last long
    B 2800mah .....allot more power and will last allot longer, all goes by the power of the batteries and THE MAKE does matter, cheap batteries or cheap rechargables are poor!

12. djdynamite123
    OP

United Kingdom
    and we got an update, a day after i questioned it lol [​IMG]