Homebrew Homebrew Browser Crashes

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I downloaded the Homebrew Browser a while ago. Whenever I scroll down in the app, my Wii crashes with a code dump error. I have done some Google research but I can't find anything to do with the issue. Can anyone lend me a hand?

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a. take your time and let all icons to load. b. the server is sorta down (from what ive been hearing), but there's a fix just follow this tutorial. worked with me (AT BOTTOM OF POST) . c.when scrolling to find something you want and want to start downloading. please finish the download first it will lower the risk for cash d. scroll nice and slow so all the icons (after being loaded a.) can have time to pop up on the screen so it can lower risks of crashing.

these are the techniques i use because when i first softmodded my first wii (when servers were still up and did not need fix) it would crash all the time and i soon learned these on my own. these might not work for evreyone though so please take this with caution.

-huntertron

Last edited by huntertron1,
Reactions: TheBeefBai

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Browser is irrelevant, it's just better to find homebrew on sites like wiibrew.org than on HBB.

I get why you say that, but unless you are regularly engaging in homebrew stuff, you forget how everything works, and it seems most downloads linked from Wiibrew just carry the files, with little to no information about how to manually install it. The beauty of the homebrew browser is that it installs automatically and there's no SD card faff.

My vWii has been up & running for ages, but now I need to start using FTPii to backup all my files etc. But FTPii won't connect to my Filezilla Client, so I'm trying make sure I have the most up-to-date version, and getting that involves using github, which is regularly confusing for the less well versed etc.

tl;dr - I wish the homebrew browser worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.