Homebrew Browser and SDHC Cards

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Triumph, May 30, 2009.

May 30, 2009
  1. Triumph
    OP

Newcomer Triumph Member

United States
    I just loaded Homebrew Channel 1.0.3 along with BootMii beta2, and both work great with my SDHC card. I even have used the emulators for NES, and SNES and they work great with SDHC. But when I try and launch Homebrew Browser I get a message saying:
    Unable to initialise FAT subsystem, exiting.
    Your SD Card may not be placed in the Wii Correctly.

Is anyone else having problems with HBB?

I forgot to put that I have a 4.0U Wii, with the custom Ios36 v9, since v10 doesn't work right with the USB Lan adapter yet, (Here's hoping for v12 to fix that)

Also it works fine with my 2 gig SD card (Not a SDHC card) so that is why I believe it is a Homebrew Browser issue and not my Wii's issue.

2. chenanigans

Newcomer chenanigans Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem! I had it working on thursday night but then friday when I tried to load homebrew browser again I got the same message you have. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I checked my sd card plenty of times, its not locked, I have it installed in the wii correctly.

3. chenanigans

United States
    I'm having the same problem! I had it working on thursday night but then friday when I tried to load homebrew browser again I got the same message you have. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I checked my sd card plenty of times, its not locked, I have it installed in the wii correctly.

4. chenanigans

United States
    Ok I fixed the problem, all I did was reformat the sd card, downloaded the new homebrew browser 3.1 from codemii.com and put it in the apps folder. Worked like a charm. If you have items you want to keep on your sd card make sure you save them somewhere before you format the card.

5. Triumph
    OP

Newcomer Triumph Member

United States
    thanks for the reply, but I have tried to reformat the SD Card, and still no go. I almost wonder if it is a IOS issue. I saw a bug with HBC that it uses the higher IOS which may cause issues with SDHC.

6. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I reported it to the dev of the browser. My problem with the browser is wrong "path" it's on the last page of my HBC & yet should be on like the first or 2nd.

7. Triumph
    OP

Newcomer Triumph Member

United States
    Thanks for reporting it to the dev, just curious how did you do that? I saw there website, but didn't see how to contact them or a forum to post on.

For you issue, that may be how you have the folder named inside the apps folder.

8. teknecal

Newcomer teknecal Member

Australia
  9. wiiwax

Newcomer wiiwax Newbie

United States
    I also have this same issue, however, it's really the SDHC card from my understanding. There is a compatibility list out there available at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

My Patriot 8GB SDHC is hit or miss, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. It'll also sometimes get passed the error msg in Homebrew Browser right after a reformat but usually can't make it all the way in to the app. I just ordered some of the SDHCs that appear on that list and will post here to let people know if it's the card or the install of HBC/HBB.

10. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Not to rant, but all of the issues people are having are from SDHC cards...

A 2gb SD card is

11. Triumph
    OP

Newcomer Triumph Member

United States