shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Pong
Basically what it says, pong for 3DS. Nothing too special, I just made it to get myself oriented with ctrulib and the general aspects of 3DS homebrew as it is now. I'm more of a GBA homebrewer/hacker honestly, but I ended up wanting to do some 3DS homebrew after deciding I didn't like DS homebrew enough to switch from GBA.

Features
  • Extremely local multiplayer! Play with you on the D-Pad/C-Stick and your friend on X and B
  • Single player! By pressing select you can enable AI mode which turns the second player blue and makes it follow the ball. Basically just useful so you can see how long you can keep the ball going.
  • Increasing difficulty! Ball slowly gets faster every time you hit it.
  • Screenshots! Actually I just needed this for here and my GitHub, but if you press L+R you can take a screenshot. Special thanks to StapleButter for this one, it works great.
  • Scorekeeping! So you can actually compete with your friend. Or count the number of times you got screwed over by a computer. Whatever floats your boat.
  • 3D! Just slide that 3D slider out and observe as your paddles extend outward!
Screenshots
ypQPQBF.png

SnNqWrL.png

Controls
  • A - Serve ball. Currently defaults to P1 (left)
  • X+B - Moves P2 up and down respectively
  • Circle Pad + D-Pad - Moves P1 up and down
  • Select - Enble CPU. Turns P2 blue to let you know it's in AI mode
  • Start - Return to launcher
  • L+R - Screenshot. Turns ball cyan if it successfully takes one, or magenta if it doesn't
Downloads
Currently only works with ninjhax, although if someone can port it to Gateway that would be great. For ninjhax users you can download the zip here and extract it to the root of your SD card. The source code can be found on my GitHub here.
Special thanks to smealum, StapleButter, and xem for all their homebrew examples which helped me get this working.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot function doesn't seem to work but otherwise works great.

EDIT: Hmmm, just got the screenshot to happen, not sure if I wasn't holding it down long enough previously or not.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot function doesn't seem to work but otherwise works great.

EDIT: Hmmm, just got the screenshot to happen, not sure if I wasn't holding it down long enough previously or not.
Yeah, it's a bit finicky for some reason, I might try checking the hold values instead of pressed to see what that does. But it does work, after all, I got those screenshots in the post! :P

What's your github?
interested in tryng out 3ds homebrew development
Shoot, I meant to put that in the post. It's https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/, I have a lot of my GBA and hacking stuff in there as well if you're curious. https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/3DS-Pong is the repo for this code, which is now on the main post.

Reactions: dronesplitter

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know your plans, but if this could be turned into a brickbreaker style homebrew with the potential for loading in custom levels, that might be neat (just like a basic read in from a text file to determine where to place bricks on the upper playfield). I realize it's not really a project you would necessarily care to work on any time soon, though :)
Still, I know I'd play it!

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Its really good! I only thing is that the bottom screen has little ghraphics, I would love to make the score keeping look better and add some personality I understand it is pong but maby I could help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: