holy crap

• Thread starter Azngamer15
  • Start date
  • Views 1,673
  • Replies 20
A

Azngamer15

OP
So I made a thread recently, and I saw that most the join dates of everyone who posted in my thread were about 6-7 years younger in join date than me. Then I checked mine. October 2002?! holy crap I've been here for almost 8 years. I remember joining back when this place had actual gba roms (haha those were the days). I actually hate this screen name (azn kids, really?) and wanted to change it for awhile, but well, when you've been here for almost 8 years, losing all that time cred would be kinda crappy. Apparently I'm one of the first few hundred or so members of this forum. I'd consider myself still fairly active though as I do visit this site almost everyday for updates. Any old timers like me out there? (actually, I just turned 21 last month).

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can change your name without making a new account broheim

or now i can't find the thread. :|
you can PM somebody like dice I believe, since you're that old and not doing it every 5 days it shouldn't be a problem at all

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey old timer. If you want to change your screen name, just PM me with what you want to change it to and I'll change it. It won't change your join date or post count or anything like that.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I don't see many '02 members round these parts
ohmy.gif

A

Azngamer15

OP
lol what can I say, I'm a lurker. A lot of n00b people these days also seem to irk me in a lot of the wrong ways so I don't bother too often. Been around back in the days of the gba flash carts. I had a 512mbit Flash2Advance. It was my first card I got since coming here. Going to the 7-11 and buying a money order because I didn't have a bank account back then. Sending it off to some sketchball in who the hell knows where in China. Getting a suspicious package in the mail. Opening up that thing like it was goddamn 5 Christmases at the same time.

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_linke..._usb_linker.htm

That's 512MBIT, which I honestly thought was alot back then (HELL YEAH, THATS LIKE, 2-3 RPGS!). Nowadays you got sdhc with 4gb and things like that, makes me think how far we've come. Hell, sony came out with a portable, that was ridiculous. I also remember combing around the forums/IRC everytime a new MMBN game came out since the first one came out in Japan and blew my mind. Also remember visual boy advance JUST coming out and having the framerate of a slug while not even being able to draw all the correct textures on the screen. Playing super dodge ball advance on that thing. The nostalgia brings a tear to my eye. On second thought, maybe I'll keep this handle, its hilariously nostalgic and silly for a 21 year old to still have the handle AZN-GAMER-15, YEAH MAN Thanks for all the memories GBATemp.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear time traveling messes with one's brain waves and thought patterns. Is this true?

A

Azngamer15

OP
@Pliskron yeah, only for maybe a year though. back then there was alot of crackdown on rom sites and such. GBATemp started going legit and took them off. people were really whiny at first and requests were cracked down on pretty hard. even today it's still just as strictly enforced. makes me feel like it was only just yesterday it happened, and yet it was years ago.

@chibiushi holy crap I remember that! it was gbatemp.2ya.com! back before they finally got the domain. then there was gbatemp.m4d.sm. and lol @Micro Machines being the best game of the week.

looking at it, it seems I joined the day after KiVan joined as member 1, which is the day he made the site. lol seems to be no one left from days I guess

OH DAMN, lol Final Fantasy Tactics countdown. I remember that. Oh FFTA2, what happened...

http://i.imgur.com/7uDlE.jpg

A

Azngamer15

OP
@_Chaz_ and before HG/SS came out there were super excited translation threads of those too. not much has changed huh

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azngamer15 said:
@_Chaz_ and before HG/SS came out there were super excited translation threads of those too. not much has changed huh

omg, lol. You're right!

I bet it was made by a new member as well.

A

Azngamer15

OP
its honestly really scary how consistent these threads were made too. not to mention, out of the spur the moment OMG LETS TRANSLATE threads they were also the most successful usually, at least enough for items/menu/afewpokemon anyway if I remember.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azngamer15 said:
its honestly really scary how consistent these threads were made too. not to mention, out of the spur the moment OMG LETS TRANSLATE threads they were also the most successful usually, at least enough for items/menu/afewpokemon anyway if I remember.
Nothing's changed, welcome back.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you know I truly respect you.
Being here since 2002 and checking the site every damn day and still less then 200 posts...
It means that before posting you actually think about it and need some strong motivation.
I'm actually sick of those kids that have been around for less then six months and already have over 3000 posts...........makes you think about the good old ' quality vs quantity " principle .
And that F2A cart.........I hot exactly the same one with the USB linker, but it broke a few years ago because it won't keep the saves anymore ( but the cart still works ).
I even tried changing the batteries a couple of times ( both with radio shack similar ones, and also went as far as importing the exact same type from China ) but it never worked again.
These days I use it to run GB Color games via a GB bridge ( most GB color games use passwords anyway ).
Anyway, it's good to hear from you !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work