Holy Crap!! A shocking discovery!! Playing Dsi games o

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kaizer3000, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kaizer3000
    OP

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Earlier..i found out ysmenu could play dsi games on my NORMAL DS Lite!! Here's what i did...

1. have ysmenu installed. (due to my R4 being a clone, i have to rename ysmenu.dat to ysmenu.nds and launch the ysmenu after the official R4 software has been launched.

2. put any XXX.dsi games into your memory stick (make sure you check and make sure that the game is playable on ysmenu first)

3. rename the game to xxx.nds

4. and thats it! launch the game as usual just like any normal old NDS game!!

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    WOW! You're a genius.

/sarcasm

Virtually everyone on these forums (or at least anyone who cared) already knew this. You can only play DSi-enhanced games (as opposed to DSi-Only games), and they play in DS mode, i.e. the same as they would on an original DS or DS Lite. They do not have the DSi enhancements.

3. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    And how do you propose to use the extra DSi features?

Dammit Sifjar beat me to it

4. kaizer3000
    OP

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    well, i never read anything about dsi able to be played on normal ds before...i didnt know about that.
    even ysmenu faqs never mentioned anything about it.

as for dsi enhanced features, if i am not mistaken the extra feature is just a add on camera, no? its like over 90% of dsi games never uses that feature...then again, i might be wrong..oh well, gonna explore dsi games now...whee~

5. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    It appears he just didn't know that DS games with DSi enhancements already worked, but without the DSi enhancements. It was a little weird to put "with ysmenu only!" if this information you were giving us was as good as you thought it was, since you don't know if it would work on anything else without testing it.

6. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Funny how people jump to conclusions like that way too fast and then post about it two minutes after (exaggeration).
    btw, OP work on your titling of threads to make it to the point...and less...annoying?

7. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I actually stopped and said to myself before I clicked the topic "This will not be a shocking discovery, it will be something bowel-shatteringly dumb"

DSi enhanced games can be played on a normal DS, whether you buy them in a store or put them on your flashcard. DSi-only retail games (System Flaw, Monster Finder etc) will only play on a DSi and can't be played on any flashcart because flashcarts only boot in DS mode.