Hacking hmm. unknown driver

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats odd. Can you post a pic of the message? Also, when did you get the message? How long after you plugged it into the computer did it show up?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I get this error sometimes on my computer with some of my USB devices. My all-in-one card reader seems to enjoy screwing up the USB drivers, and causing windows to not recognize most of anything I plug into the USB ports. But this is an unrelated issue. But it does prove that its not always a hardware fault. I always got around it by using my USB 2.0 Hub. Since Windows never seems to have trouble recognizing it. Plus I always leave it plugged in.

Its more of an issue with the USB hub your connecting it to. (yes, the ports on the case of the computer has its own "hub" as well, its just integrated into the motherboard) Try a different USB port. Or try a separate hub if you have one. If you computer has rear ports and front ports, try the rear ports. Usually with most motherboards, the rear ports are on a separate hub then the ones on the front.

You can also try disconnecting your other USB devices and restarting and then plugging in the Fire Card first.

A "device not recognized" can sometimes be a problem with Windows, or a hardware issue. Hopefully its not a hardware issue with the Firecard.

Also, did you try a different computer? If you get the same error on a different computer, them more then likely the Fire Card/USB adapter is defective.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope it doesnt work on ma other computer too, and it also says that the'USB has malfunctioned'. Do ya think its the writer or the data cable?

here is the error message and when im in computer management the fire card is called an 'unknown device'

f_Errorm_c86f503.png

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The usb cable that came with mine was broken; the cable is pretty common, so even if you don't have another handy you can pick them up cheap locally, I believe. I'm fairly certain that this was the same error I got with my broken cable, so you should try another one.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah looks like a bad cable. I couldn't tell if you had the Fire Card that had the USB writer or if it was a linker like the N-Card.

Pretty sure you got a bad cable. You should beable to find a replacement at your local retailer. (Walmart, Circut City, Best Buy, RadioShack, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.