hmm. unknown driver

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Rizsparky, Feb 15, 2008.

Feb 15, 2008

hmm. unknown driver by Rizsparky at 4:30 PM (1,258 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Rizsparky
    OP

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    When i plugged in my Fire card my computer (xp) said that the driver wasnt recognised
    is there any drivers i can download?

2. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Thats odd. Can you post a pic of the message? Also, when did you get the message? How long after you plugged it into the computer did it show up?

3. Apache Thunder

Member Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Hmm.. I get this error sometimes on my computer with some of my USB devices. My all-in-one card reader seems to enjoy screwing up the USB drivers, and causing windows to not recognize most of anything I plug into the USB ports. But this is an unrelated issue. But it does prove that its not always a hardware fault. I always got around it by using my USB 2.0 Hub. Since Windows never seems to have trouble recognizing it. Plus I always leave it plugged in.

Its more of an issue with the USB hub your connecting it to. (yes, the ports on the case of the computer has its own "hub" as well, its just integrated into the motherboard) Try a different USB port. Or try a separate hub if you have one. If you computer has rear ports and front ports, try the rear ports. Usually with most motherboards, the rear ports are on a separate hub then the ones on the front.

You can also try disconnecting your other USB devices and restarting and then plugging in the Fire Card first.

A "device not recognized" can sometimes be a problem with Windows, or a hardware issue. Hopefully its not a hardware issue with the Firecard.

Also, did you try a different computer? If you get the same error on a different computer, them more then likely the Fire Card/USB adapter is defective.

4. Rizsparky
    OP

United Kingdom
    i tried plugging it into the rear ports but it still didnt work, ill try to use it noa a different computer and report back.

5. Rizsparky
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope it doesnt work on ma other computer too, and it also says that the'USB has malfunctioned'. Do ya think its the writer or the data cable?

here is the error message and when im in computer management the fire card is called an 'unknown device'

[​IMG]

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    edit.. nvm

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    The usb cable that came with mine was broken; the cable is pretty common, so even if you don't have another handy you can pick them up cheap locally, I believe. I'm fairly certain that this was the same error I got with my broken cable, so you should try another one.

8. Apache Thunder

Member Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Yeah looks like a bad cable. I couldn't tell if you had the Fire Card that had the USB writer or if it was a linker like the N-Card.

Pretty sure you got a bad cable. You should beable to find a replacement at your local retailer. (Walmart, Circut City, Best Buy, RadioShack, etc)

9. Rizsparky
    OP

United Kingdom
    i tried another usb cable a 'sony' cable too and it still doesnt work. I think i have a bad writer any more help i could get?