Hid Test Works But Controller Doesn't Work In Nintendont?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TheNurseInBlack, Apr 2, 2018.

1. TheNurseInBlack
    OP

TheNurseInBlack Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    United States
    I did a hid test(failed to open a config file) but other than that the controller seems to be compatible. But it doesn't work in Nintendont
    I'm also not sure if I'm doing this right. But I pasted the contents of the controllerconfig files (Which are the controller.ini files right?) from controller_ini_to_array (from github /FIX94/Nintendont/tree/master/controllerconfigs)into the controller folder created by Nintendont when I updated it. I also went ahead and pasted everything else where I keep my apps But that didn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

2. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    Last edited by migles, Apr 2, 2018
  3. TheNurseInBlack
    OP

TheNurseInBlack Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    United States
    What is the contoller.ini exactly? I have controllers folder that has controllerfigs inside it from controller_ini_to_array. It's located next to my game folder so I have them together.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  5. TheNurseInBlack
    OP

TheNurseInBlack Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    United States
    Is the issue that I have to make my own to get it to be viewed and to work in there? Because my original question wasn't how to make my own, but how to get them to be use the existing ones in Nintendont. (And if the configuration I'm currently using are in fact the controller.ini's) Because it seems like my controller is compatible I just don't know from there how to get it to work.

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If the PS2 to USB adapter you have isn't on that list you will have to make one and see if it works. The devices in the controllerconfigs folder on GitHub are known and do not need an ini. They're baked into the app.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted