BS Again.JPG

GBAtemp Welcome 3.jpg

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@DinohScene I don't know what is the problem with saying hello to the newcomers but is the wrong message what a new member receive when even a "welcome" message get censored by the moderators, you are transmitting the message what this is a restricted and lack of freedom site, Which is not.

By the Way @4rima get welcome to this site, you will find people around the world willing to share love for gaming and knowledge.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@DinohScene I don't know what is the problem with saying hello to the newcomers but is the wrong message what a new member receive when even a "welcome" message get censored by the moderators, you are transmitting the message what this is a restricted and lack of freedom site, Which is not.

By the Way @4rima get welcome to this site, you will find people around the world willing to share love for gaming and knowledge.

There's a clear difference between welcoming new users and spamming replies.
This isn't any form of censoring this is merely moderating low effort single image responses.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's a clear difference between welcoming new users and spamming replies.
This isn't any form of censoring this is merely moderating low effort single image responses.
Ok, thanks for clarify, then is this welcome:

Well, before @AncientBoi and @FlareReZ get ahead of me:

Hello :) ,

:hrth: And Welcome to GBAtemp! We have gamers and hackers from around the world! :hrth:

We have people with:
:yay::yaysp::yaynds::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yayswitch::yaypsp::yayps3::yayone::gba::switch::sp::nds::psp::discuss::download::yay:

Not to mention this is "totally not stolen from AncientBoi".

Enjoy our Amazing site :D

Acceptable for you? had become a gag between some of us and I think is a lovely way to give a warm and joyfull welcome to new members. Is not Spam, It's a inside joke.

So let us to know if we can continue using it, thanks.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And everybody else posting the same "Hello ___________ Welcome to GBAtemp" is NOT the same, Over n Over Again?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Interesting
Post automatically merged:

Instead of giving the newbies a Warm Welcome to the site?! :mellow: You just want a plain ol' "hello"? Gotcha Bitch

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Interesting

Last edited by AncientBoi,

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Posting the same message over and over again counts as spam.
And everybody else posting the same "Hello ___________ Welcome to GBAtemp" is NOT the same, Over n Over Again?

My guess is that they're tired of seeing the long greetings/long greetings as images posted as spam. Although I hope that the small and short messages that I've sent isn't bad.

If I recall correctly, there's a bot that this site has that greets the user in DMs. Put the thing there! Lmfao

Reactions: CoolMe

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My guess is that they're tired of seeing long images posted as spam. Although I hope that the small and short messages that I've sent isn't bad.
They do get a bit overwhelming to look at after a while. Yours is not spam at all. As long as its not super lengthy and wordy, repeated over a dozens of times.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
sadly is not an image
Well, it used to be text, but now the thing was screenshotted and then turned into an image. That's what I mean lol.
They do get a bit overwhelming to look at after a while. Yours is not spam at all. As long as its not super lengthy and wordy, repeated over a dozens of times.

Honestly, to circumvent this, the OP the Great Ancient can have it as their signature, Or having the bot say it in DMs . But other than that, it is considred spam and the mods don't want to see it.

Reactions: SylverReZ

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @4rima and welcome to GBATemp! :toot: :grog:
Post automatically merged:

AncientBoi's reply was unique & original at first, until some of you guys started using it (or "spamming" it) over and over 'til it became a copypasta. You simply overdid it, and since this is not the EoF, replies like these had to be removed/ stopped (it's in the ToS). AncientBoi's old "greetings" weren't deleted until this happened, so what i think Dinoh (and other mods) is trying to do is to prevent the aforementioned scenario from happening again.
Fwiw, i think AncientBoi should be allowed to use his signature greeting, any other copycat replies should be removed. Just my 2 cents..

Last edited by CoolMe,

alexsd06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi! I am new as well here. Even though the restrictions for new comers are a bit harsh, I still think they are good from keeping this place from being flooded by bots.

Reactions: CoolMe

alexsd06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, I wasn't saying they aren't good. I wished they would at least allow posting an email, if not external sites and private messages. Though I see how that could be considered spam as well.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wasn't saying they aren't good. I wished they would at least allow posting an email, if not external sites and private messages. Though I see how that could be considered spam as well.
If DMs, posting pics & links etc. was allowed from the get-go spam-bots would have a field day so to speak, whenever they attack this site (which used to happen quite alot in recent months). Even with these restrictions, it's the bare minimum i'd as an attempt to keep spam at bay. if you ever stick around to see how intense they can get, you'll understand. It's a necessary albeit inconvenient method (for new members) to stop spam from spreading quickly.

alexsd06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If DMs, posting pics & links etc. was allowed from the get-go spam-bots would have a field day so to speak, whenever they attack this site (which used to happen quite alot in recent months). Even with these restrictions, it's the bare minimum i'd as an attempt to keep spam at bay. if you ever stick around to see how intense they can get, you'll understand. It's a necessary albeit inconvenient method to stop spam from spreading quickly.
I understand :)). I was just reading the history of the site and I see it was quite an interesting one.

Reactions: BigOnYa and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto