Hacking Hi, question regarding AK2i and updating.

Captain Charisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, Ive got an AK2i, and 3DS firmware Ver. 4.1.0-8E. I just bought Luigi's Mansion 2. But when I went to play it, it says i have to update to Ver. 4.5.0-8E. So my question is before I update will My AK2i work on my 3DS? If not is it possible to play LM2 without updating? So I have no choice but to update, which I will have to do eventually right? os is there some sort od mod where it bypass the need to update and still be able to play LM2?

Thank you very much!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It will not work, there is no update, and there will not be an update, and there is no way to play without updating, you can't downgrade afterwards, and there is no mod.

If you really want to keep using a flash cart, get a newer one that still gets updates, like the DSTwo, though nobody can promise anything will work forever.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The AK2i does not have a currently-released update that will work on that firmware, and likely never will due to the Acekard Team's recent inactivity.
It's either Luigi's Mansion 2 or your Acekard on your 3DS.

EDIT: Drat, that's what I get for waiting 2 minutes after opening the thread.

Captain Charisma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. I'll update. I already have a DSi so I guess the AceKard will stay exclusive to that. Ok I can't wait to play LM2 now! Oh yeah!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay