Hacking Hi, new to the scene - need info!

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Within the last 24 hours I've been looking at the whole portable back up scene. Quite frankly, it's fascinating.

I'd like to back up everything I own, now let me get this straight...

So far I've been looking at EZ Flash IV for a slot 2 device for all my GBA games. Am I right in saying it's easy to emulate GBC on it (or similar device) so that once backed up, I could ditch my GBA as all will play on DS?

HOWEVER... I have also seen EZ Flash V, which would be great for all DS stuff and the 3-in-1 expansion also looks great as an alternative to EZ Flash IV (although I really fancied a perfect colour match as the EZ Flash IV has with the DS Lite white, apparently). Are there any distinct advantages over the 3-in-1 expansion that the EZ Flash IV has? Are there alternatives to the 3-in1?
wacko.gif

Are there any slot 1 alternatives to EZ Flash V?

Are multiple games possible on an EZ Flash V? How big do micro SD cards go? Reliable brands?

There is loads of stuff I don't know about so if there are more up to date products, etc. please let me know!

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks both of you.

Well.. my question is (in short), are any of these slot 1 or slot 2 devices better than the other?

And is there anything else out there like the 3-in-1 multicard?

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both of you.

Well.. my question is (in short), are any of these slot 1 or slot 2 devices better than the other?

And is there anything else out there like the 3-in-1 multicard?

How much are you willing to spend?

If you want a good, reliable, and easy to use slot 1(NDS only); I would recommend getting a R4 DS ( around $40). It will also need a micro sd( Japanese micro sd preffered).

For the slot 2, it gets very expensive. There are the m3's, g6's, supercards, ez-flash. Again it depends on how much are you willing to spend.

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, $40 seems OK.

I also noticed the M3 varieties - can I ask how do they compare with the R4 DS?

As far as slot 2, if it works better than any others, quite a bit I suppose!

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3DS simply( slot 1 card ) is exactly the same as the R4ds. It's just a little bit more expensive at some places.

Perfect series: M3 SD (uses SD cards), M3 CF (uses Compact flash cards) , M3 mini sd (uses mini sd cards), M3 lite (uses micro sd cards). They are slot 2 cards that can play both nds and gba games .

Proffesional series or M3 Pro are slot 2 cards that can play nds games and smaller gba games. (not recommended).

For a slot 2 I use and recommend a G6 lite, it's a bit expensive ($75 USD).

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks - so, the G6... can I ask why you recommend that one specifically?

I mean - distinct advantages over other slot 2s...

Same goes for R4DS - what makes it better than Supercard/EZ Flash/etc... In fact it appears to have quite a bit of download play ability lacking.

(Not arguing, just want top get the best!)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slot1 (and slot2 for that matter) carts all are pretty bad with download play, unless the receiving cart has been flashed.
The only one that has any success with unflashed DS receiving AFAIK is the DSX - all the others are much the same in respect of DL play.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks - so, the G6... can I ask why you recommend that one specifically?

I mean - distinct advantages over other slot 2s...

Same goes for R4DS - what makes it better than Supercard/EZ Flash/etc... In fact it appears to have quite a bit of download play ability lacking.

(Not arguing, just want top get the best!)

I use my G6 for gba games, it has internal memory( 512MB). It runs most most games well and it also has a Real Time Clock(for pokemon games).

What makes the R4 better than the Supercard/EZ Flash is that it has auto save detecting and writing. You would not have to worry about finding out the save types of games and setting it manually. With EZ flash V, it uses a save list that you either have to update yourself or wait for somebody to post one online. The R4 is just easier to use than Supercard/EZ Flash. Also Supercard/EZ Flash are picky with the with the micro sd that you use with them (Japanese micro sd needed for best result), R4 will work great even if you don't get a Japanese micro sd.

For download play the best right now would be the DS-X, but it is very expensive. There is also the G6 DS Real that will be coming out next month and they claim to have perfect download play.

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah... with the internal memory how many GBA games do you think it would be limited to? GB( C ) games will hardly count, I'd imagine.

Maybe hold on for the G6 DS Real then? I also notice that the DS-X has a 512MB limit, which for DS software ain't so hot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.