Hacking Hi, New Here :)

lvlann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to 3DS Hacking.. new as in.. have absolutely no idea about anything.

My friend has an old 3ds system and he got himself a cartridge called r4i gold 3ds. He gave me a website and said I should get it too..

Now the dilemma is this.. I purchased a 3dsxl last month on March 14. Its the new one with Yoshi Decal. When I go in the settings..it says 7.1.0-16U. on the website it says "Support 3DS/3DSXL/3DSLL consoles(v4.1 to v4.5)." This is the website by the way: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm#deluxe

i have read a few times that people are still using the cartridge to download 3ds games and using it on their 3ds which are of the same version. now I ask you this.. Will this card work for my system? if not.. what card should i buy so I could download 3ds games onto it and play on my 3dsxl v7.1.0-16U.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks in advance.

PS: Thats what the system says for its version.
13931931533_6a1d116777_o.jpg

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, there is no way currently for you to run any flash cart with that firmware. It has to be 4.5 or less.

It may be possible in the future, but there is no ETA on how long that will be.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.. is there anywway i can downgrade my system?
I'm going to assume two things here for this answer.

1. This system never had firmware 4.5 or less on it when you bought it.
2. If you did have a 4.5 or less on it, you did not make a copy of your system NAND.

Assuming that either one of these assumptions are true, there is no possible way for you to downgrade. Sorry.

Jaque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately there are not a lot of options for your situation. Your only two options are:

1.) Sell your current 3ds XL to get a 3DS or 3DS XL v. 4.5 or below and use your r4i gold 3ds. The reason why you need a 3ds with v.4.5 or below is because it uses an exploit that Nintendo did not address until v.5+ (I maybe mistaken on which version the fix was applied). Hence the only way to use the card is to find a 3ds that meets these requirements.

2.) Wait for the company or gateway to find another exploit running on v. 7, but this is extremely unlikely as Nintendo did address the v.4.5 and below exploit in the later versions. So my suggestion is to go with option 1. Of course if you would rather not sell off your current 3ds XL you can also consider selling your card off to a friend or on Craigslist. Hope this helped!

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've actually found a firmware version 6 exploit that according to smea doesn't seem to be patched yet. However, it takes the firmware version 4 exploit to get to it right now. They are researching possible means to exploit it without the previous exploit, but like I said, there is no ETA on if or when that will happen.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you do ever get a 4.x console I wouldn't suggest a r4 card anyway they are just cheap crap :P either Gateway or MT card are what you would want r4 only has a buggy firmware with poor features or an old firmware with let's bugs but very limited features.....research before buying any 3ds cards :D

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They've actually found a firmware version 6 exploit that according to smea doesn't seem to be patched yet. However, it takes the firmware version 4 exploit to get to it right now. They are researching possible means to exploit it without the previous exploit, but like I said, there is no ETA on if or when that will happen.
And according to smea it can only be used for Homebrew.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing how many people waste £50 because they are too lazy to research if their card will work on their system or not.
Thankfully they didn't buy one yet, but I do agree that too many people jump in without proper research. Then all we get to hear about is how unfair it is that they wasted their money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol