Xero259

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:
damn that sucks, so how long does it usually take for a patch to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that long actually.

But I have a feeling us R4DS users will be screwed over horribly this time.
what makes u say that?

JustRob

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Getting to Whitney really isn't bearable. Getting to Falkner is even not bearable. Unless you're the type of person who likes to save every 2 minutes and reboot the game when it crashes.

That's trial and error bullshit, we need a patch.

And yes I do hope us R4DS users won't be screwed over. R4DS is one of the oldest out there, it'd be sad.

Xero259

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sry for these noob questions but can some1 tell me where most of HG/SS discussions are at

monkeyice737

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i was thinking... is the bad dump possible? is the ap a thing that prevents people from dumping correctly, like a hidden file or folder that cant be transfered or something?

sorr if im just being stupid

FantajiFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustRob said:
Getting to Whitney really isn't bearable. Getting to Falkner is even not bearable. Unless you're the type of person who likes to save every 2 minutes and reboot the game when it crashes.

That's trial and error bullshit, we need a patch.

And yes I do hope us R4DS users won't be screwed over. R4DS is one of the oldest out there, it'd be sad.

Have you tried soft resetting? R+L+Select+Start, it's a relatively short interruption. If you don't mind counting, try count up to 13-20 events or so, depending on what badge you're on, then do a soft reset. It was bearable enough for me this way and I almost never run into an unexpected black screen. If you lose count, just do a few and stay on the safe side and reset.

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xero259 said:
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:
damn that sucks, so how long does it usually take for a patch to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that long actually.

what makes u say that?

From experience. The R4 team has abandoned us and it's been nearly a year since Yasu's last YSMenu update(Few days off). I know I'm asking too much as a freeloader here for all these updates, but if I COULD do something about it I would. Hell I'd spend as much time as I could to help out.

Let's face it, the R4 sucks compared to pretty much every other popular flashcart and anyone who doesn't realize that is just denying it. YSMenu is the only thing that makes it good and even that's starting to fail for us. All we CAN do now is hope for an AP patch that also works for us. The day that the AP patches don't work for the R4DS and only it, we'll be left behind with no way to play the game.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
you guys should read this, someone who is intelligent speaks

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=213877

My less than 8000h redirection theory wasn't intelligent? I'm going to cry
frown.gif

Anyways, chances are are that flashcart teams will fix this before the gbatemp members do (unless you cart doesn't get a lot of updates).

Xero259

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:

Not that long actually.

what makes u say that?

From experience. The R4 team has abandoned us and it's been nearly a year since Yasu's last YSMenu update(Few days off). I know I'm asking too much as a freeloader here for all these updates, but if I COULD do something about it I would. Hell I'd spend as much time as I could to help out.

Let's face it, the R4 sucks compared to pretty much every other popular flashcart and anyone who doesn't realize that is just denying it. YSMenu is the only thing that makes it good and even that's starting to fail for us. All we CAN do now is hope for an AP patch that also works for us. The day that the AP patches don't work for the R4DS and only it, we'll be left behind with no way to play the game.
sorry, but whats an ap patch and how wud it work

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:
Jasonese said:
Xero259 said:

Not that long actually.

what makes u say that?

ughhh so true. I really need to get a new cart. I'm too cheap to get a new one. And I haven't even been playing my ds much lately so I wonder if getting a new cart is even worth it..... *flash cart depression* sigh

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Squall Leonhart said:
Unfortunately for you, im not new. To AP, Desmume or Emulation in general.

Now since you haven't provided proof, i call you out as a troll.

Desmume is not immune. regardless of SWI's, Emulated Bios or Firmware, Cheats, Versioning, or Save settings.

Now since im bored, im gunna go watch the under 8000h rack up in the desmume console and see if theres any correlation to the count and the likelihood of freeze.

And I'm completing the game soon, is that alright with ya, noob?

Jasonese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
ughhh so true. I really need to get a new cart. I'm too cheap to get a new one. And I haven't even been playing my ds much lately so I wonder if getting a new cart is even worth it..... *flash cart depression* sigh

So far every other cart seems to be better. Shit even the R4 clones are better than the original. I'm thinking about getting an Acekard myself. Anyway, we're getting off topic here. So let's leave this conversation at this and stop this useless factful spam. R4DS SUCKS!! Spoken from an R4DS user himself.

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jasonese said:
dinofan01 said:

So far every other cart seems to be better. Shit even the R4 clones are better than the original. I'm thinking about getting an Acekard myself. Anyway, we're getting off topic here. So let's leave this conversation at this and stop this useless factful spam. R4DS SUCKS!! Spoken from an R4DS user himself.

really dun wana flame or troll but let me remind u that R4 is one of the 1st flash cards that doesnt need slot 2 support on NDS and by the age of it, all it did was a real revolution.

dont compare between a pentium 2 450 and an i7.... or starcraft with starcraft 2...

they r just different ok?

JustRob

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
guys do u think the patch is done in 2 hours?

kerle denken sie den flecken werden getan in zwei stunden?

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
umm... just upgraded the r4 firmware ( www.r4li.com ) to 1.24 beta and it says that the HG is 4Gigs... wtf? it loads up fine, gonna test it to see if it crashes and burns after certain events

(and considering my MicroSD card is 2 gigs... yeah....)

JustRob

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you don't need very good firmware for R4 anyway. I'm using the official 1.18 and I can run most games, including KH: 358/2 Days, which came out a short while ago. The only game so far I encountered that I had to run with Ice Menu, is Bowser's Inside Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1