XP
Country
United States
Risendevil said:
FLAME SHIELD ON:

I opened the ROM with a HEX EDITOR and I saw

'[SDK+ABIOSSO:libVCT 1.3.1]'

Maybe try putting 00 for it?
00 for what? Unless I'm missing something, I don't think tweaking random numbers in the hex editor will fix it...

Whitmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tom, tom, your technically my son. Dont mean to make u mad but i think gilman won. 3... 2... i am number one. Call me daylight savings cuz im somewhat like the sun. vitamins, calcium, whole wheat bun. I eat them just for fun look at that booger i just flung. im happy im excited, my mac n cheese is finally done. Ouch fuckin-a i just burnt my ... motherfuckin tongue. Sticky sticky sticky look at how that sticker just clung. i drive a dodge stratus from 2001. If fast its fun i raced a little mung. My father always told me make sure it loaded wen u play with guns. hes dumb , hes dumb, he smells like cow dung.. im scared im frightened that orange is very ripened i took ur girlfriends number and i put it in my triton!............................................................................
................................................................................
..................................If you are still reading this you are a fuckin moron. Thanks for listening to my gangsta rap though. And I hope they never come out with a patch you greedy son bitches

Risendevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tom133t said:
Risendevil said:
FLAME SHIELD ON:

00 for what? Unless I'm missing something, I don't think tweaking random numbers in the hex editor will fix it...
Hell, ABIOSSO seems to be some software company. Maybe it's the one who made the AP patch. I was thinking deleting it might be a good idea. =\

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Whitmon said:
tom, tom, your technically my son. Dont mean to make u mad but i think gilman won. 3... 2... i am number one. Call me daylight savings cuz im somewhat like the sun. vitamins, calcium, whole wheat bun. I eat them just for fun look at that booger i just flung. im happy im excited, my mac n cheese is finally done. Ouch fuckin-a i just burnt my ... motherfuckin tongue. Sticky sticky sticky look at how that sticker just clung. i drive a dodge stratus from 2001. If fast its fun i raced a little mung. My father always told me make sure it loaded wen u play with guns. hes dumb , hes dumb, he smells like cow dung.. im scared im frightened that orange is very ripened i took ur girlfriends number and i put it in my triton!............................................................................
................................................................................
..................................If you are still reading this you are a fuckin moron. Thanks for listening to my gangsta rap though. And I hope they never come out with a patch you greedy son bitches
Way to kill the troll-less thread

the

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Whitmon said:

Stop posting.

Tom133t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has something to do with the DS's BIOS. ABIOSSO. SDK = Software development kit. And that number is probably a version number for whatever Lib(library)VCT is.

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I sent an email to the M3 team regarding the issue, and while I did get a response, they just said that "they were looking into it." Not the most exciting response ever, but who knows. Just wanted to let you guys know!

Risendevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tom133t said:
I think it has something to do with the DS's BIOS. ABIOSSO. SDK = Software development kit. And that number is probably a version number for whatever Lib(library)VCT is.
Thanks for reposting what I said. =[

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My attempt at making a cleaner first post:

Mods, if you wish, you may lock this thread. However, this is at least an attempt to bring a little bit of order into this mess.
I request that a mod sticky this thread, or make a new thread, where facts can be edited into the first post, as more news comes.
If nothing else, all of the super-duper leet hacker folks can inform us on their progress, and maybe we can have more than just hollow speculation. This thread could contain labeled links to other important threads, and/or lists of what does and does not work. This could establish a center of information for flashcard/emulator compatibility, stop the dumbass fix rumors, and coordinate efforts into a singular location.
Yes, no?

EDIT -
This is what we think we know.

Code:
Acecards work 95% of the time, but freezes have been confirmed.
Latest version of Desmume can play the game.
No$GBA has a fix which makes the game playabe.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=213642

Code:
What does not work:
-Unpacking the rom, deleting guru2.narc, and repacking
-Trying to patch a different variable into the event counter (at least, I couldn't make it work)
-Using the (J) patch
-Copying English text into the Japanese ROM (games are different)
-Patching with Arm7 from: Sim City(J), Bowser's inside story(U), and Yugio 2010 World Champion(U), N+
-Removing the overlay 128 file
-Making a dummy overlay 128 file
-Copying the Japanese patched Arm 7 or Arm 9 to it
-Trying to move US files to JP one, to use that JP fix
-Data folder from US was moved to the patched JP rom
-Tried to patch ARM7 with JP HG/SS one, Platinum one, D/P one
-Ressetting event counter
-Tried to patch ARM9 with JP HG/SS one, Platinum one, D/P one
-Replacing all the 00 00 00 46 in the rom by 00 00 00 00
-A lot of AR codes
-Unchecking DMA and reset
-Inserting patched JP overlays (increased number of events before freeze, but still failed)
-Deleting overlays
-Gamereviews fix (all of them)
-Removing guru file
-Bad dump theory

Code:
Events Info:
Freezes happen based on events. The more gym badges you have, the less time it takes to freeze.
Badges/Events - 
0: 24 events
1: 21 events
2: 15 events
3: 3 events
4+: Rumored to be unplayable. (Save will not load)
7: Rumored to make allow more events.

Events are:
Saving, Entering new area, plot events, using cut, using bag items, battles, wild peokemon, using pokegear

- This matches with the equation y = -(1/2)*x^3 - (5/2)*x + 24 and with y = 27 - 3*(2^x) and certainly with some other ones.
- With this "events" needed we can think there is a countdown, each event add -1 to a var who doesn't support value below 1, that can explain the countdown crashes and the fact that the game won't start if the value is negative. If it's right, a AR code who lock this var must work..

Code:
What we know about the anti-piracy:
-Different from Japanese AP
-Different than other games attempted.
-Not solely GFX based.
-It's pissing us all off

Code:
Devices: (Edited from Romulation List)
Working:
- Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware
- DeSmuME 0.9.5
- NO$GBA + NO$zoomer+Fix

Vaguely working (still have freezing issue):
- CycloDS w/ Firmware 1.58B1
- R4i SDHC (RTS) w/ Firmware 2.6f
- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- M3/G6 DS Real w/ Firmware 4.7h ot newest Sakura
- Supercard DSOne Evolution OS
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64
- Supercard Lite (Slot 2 card)
- M3 Pro/Lite (Slot 2 card)

Confirmed Not Working on the Following Cards/Emulators (Some might still work):
- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware]ÂÂ(Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)
- DSTT w/ Firmware 1.17a07 (Reported Freezing)
- DS One w/ EOS SP1 (Reported Freezing)
- R4 (Reported Freezing)
- All reported R4DS cards and clones (Reported Freezing), although, there have been some reports that the latest 1.31 firmware works.
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 (Reported black screens after name selection)

Pocolip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Risendevil said:
Tom133t said:
Risendevil said:
FLAME SHIELD ON:

Hell, ABIOSSO seems to be some software company. Maybe it's the one who made the AP patch. I was thinking deleting it might be a good idea. =\

A quick google says its a network company, either for nintendo themselves or wfc.

cunmeo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spent 2 hours on no$gba and finally find out that there is still alot of crashes on that version.

hope flashcard version (highlight R4DS origin) will come out soon
frown.gif

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
I sent an email to the M3 team regarding the issue, and while I did get a response, they just said that "they were looking into it." Not the most exciting response ever, but who knows. Just wanted to let you guys know!
The M3 Team and CycloDS team have confirmed to be working on this issue.

Posts merged

QUOTE(disarm @ Mar 14 2010, 09:22 PM) Maybe some flash card developers can patch the AP tomorrow?
They're looking into it, but there's no guarantee.
Patches were already expected to have come out.

However, updated firmware might hold the answer, like the newest M3 fixing the inability to save issue.

lnynxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Olly said:
ACDCGAMER said:

guess we'll just leave it to the pros now =]

Tom133t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pocolip said:
Risendevil said:
Tom133t said:
Risendevil said:
FLAME SHIELD ON:

A quick google says its a network company, either for nintendo themselves or wfc.
Well then, Nintendo probably hired them or used their software for the wifi aspects of the game.

Risendevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pocolip said:
Risendevil said:
Tom133t said:
Risendevil said:
FLAME SHIELD ON:

They don't seem to have an official website. Maybe it's what you said. It's a team for Nintendo or something.

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lnynxx said:
Olly said:
ACDCGAMER said:

guess we'll just leave it to the pros now =]
Patches made by individuals tend to come out more often.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Risendevil said:
Tom133t said:
the Abiosso SDK was figured out yesterday its the people who coded the wifi modes

Risendevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
rvd42387 said:
Risendevil said:
Tom133t said:
the Abiosso SDK was figured out yesterday its the people who coded the wifi modes
So it's not the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok