louisoquinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

I used to follow the PSP modding community for quite some time (I have bought the PSP when it came out), so I'm pretty familiar with most things... problem is, I haven't had much reason to keep up with it.

A friend of mine just bought a second-hand PSP (old-school phat 1000 model, just like mine) and wants my help installing CFW. Problem is, he has 3.71 OFW on there currently and I haven't really been keeping up with all this stuff in years.

So what would be the best/easiest way to go about this? I'm guessing it would involve creating a Pandora battery and going from there, which should be fairly easy; I've turned my battery into a Pandora batt before using "PSP4Noobz" Ultimate Pandora Tool way back in the day (though I didn't actually use it for anything).

What would you guys suggest? I'm not looking for a huge write-up of how to do all this or anything (like I said, I'm fairly familiar with this stuff), but I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: Totally forgot, I'm running 4.01 M33-2 on my PSP. Yeah, a little bit behind, I know ;D

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about my short response, but another easy way is to make a pandora and make a magic memory stick, such as rainmms maker. This will automatically allow you to make a mms for m33 5.03. You can even edit the files to go straight to gen 5.50 D3 but that's up to you.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
BoxShot said:
or even straight to GEN
Going straight to GEN can brick your PSP.
Good to know.
tongue.gif
I wouldn't know anyways. Still using good old m33.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Except that's more "old" than "good" these days.

Now why you gotta go and start crap? Really? Come on dude, some people prefer to stick with M33 than GEN simply because they like it. Dont go trying to hate on them cause they dont want to play with your toys.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
CrashmanX said:
Jolan said:
Except that's more "old" than "good" these days.

Now why you gotta go and start crap? Really? Come on dude, some people prefer to stick with M33 than GEN simply because they like it. Dont go trying to hate on them cause they dont want to play with your toys.
Jolan is truth tellan. Ain't no lie about it.
It's you that is startan.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Woot...i'm just going to play some 1.50 Leda incompatible Homebrew on my funky 5.50GenD Firmware. *Sad Face* Won't work. Oh well...lets try some PSP games? Sega Rally? US Release of Jak and Daxter? Wat! They're not working either. Right lets use some 5.00 Pops....dang, 5.50! *sad face*

Oh well lets go for some MS access benchmarks....oooh, kinda slow compared to my OLD firmware. And i'm sure i never had any of these ISSUES with my OLD firmware.

GEN and M33 are comparatively equal. Anyone who thinks GEN is clearly superior is mental. Anyone who thinks M33 is superior is mental. Use which you prefer and don't preach to others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network? +2