Hacking hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
They provided 2 updates in 2 weeks because they released a software with various bugs. That doesnt seems like a “good job” it’s an obligation for them to update because people pay. They are just doing their work.
what were the bugs? the homebrew support?

fuses and card 2 games were not bugs, they were features.

i don't understand, do you want them to update and improve their product or not?

Reactions: 210modz

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Some might argue it's about protecting their investment, if TX can make a profit they will release updates, if they can't they will just abandon it and those who paid now don't get any further support.

Personally I see paid solutions as the driving force in most hacking scenes, sure people do it for a hobby, but money is the biggest motivator there is, there is a reason paid solutions nearly always emerge first

I agree with that.

Reactions: Fred Molyneux

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some might argue it's about protecting their investment, if TX can make a profit they will release updates, if they can't they will just abandon it and those who paid now don't get any further support.

Personally I see paid solutions as the driving force in most hacking scenes, sure people do it for a hobby, but money is the biggest motivator there is, there is a reason paid solutions nearly always emerge first
I agree with that.
Sometimes it's free made by an hobbyist and after thousands of users they make it paying (even with open source if a server is used)
But when you made once money with hacks and you want continue then you try hard finding new hacks, not for pleasure but for money.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Sometimes it's free made by an hobbyist and after thousands of users they make it paying (even with open source if a server is used)
But when you made once money with hacks and you want continue then you try hard finding new hacks, not for pleasure but for money.

You'll agree with me that all current Switch hackers are able to make a free backup loader suited for the community but won't because of their principles.
On the other hand TX being a money-driven/piracy-oriented business won't stop at nothing to provide what most people will be willing to pay for.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'll agree with me that all current Switch hackers are able to make a free backup loader suited for the community but won't because of their principles.
On the other hand TX being a money-driven/piracy-oriented business won't stop at nothing to provide what most people will be willing to pay for.
Sure !
And that's kinda funny because ppl. break up the securities and say no, we will not try to load backup, others are free concentrate all their efforts on backup loading then sell it
And I don't think it's truly complicate you just have to reverse card mounting and emulate it, maybe a lot of work but not impossible

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
And that's kinda funny because ppl. break up the securities and say no, we will not try to load backup, others are free concentrate all their efforts on backup loading then sell it
I totally get you there!:wink:

And I don't think it's truly complicate you just have to reverse card mounting and emulate it, maybe a lot of work but not impossible
Yeah like you said it requires a lot of work to make something from scratch as opposed to using copyrighted content.

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they could, they would, and would 'leak' it for the game playing, like they always do. So they are 'innocent' of the fact that it was modified to be used for running copies. Look at Atmo, they are just behind, it is not like they can and won't do it.
There is no doubt in my mind that the like of SciresM have just as much talent as the TX team, but TX is full time work, Atmo team does it when they can, and if they are motivated. Their drive is e-fame from fanboys, and now this will be less rewarding for them since they got beat at the start, so there is a good chance they try to find fame in other directions.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he won't released the crack but integrate some of the code into Atmosphere? Isn't this why they spent so much time cracking SX OS?

D

Deleted-452294

Maybe he won't released the crack but integrate some of the code into Atmosphere? Isn't this why they spent so much time cracking SX OS?
SX OS seems to already be based on open source software, such as libnx (yet they do not respect the ISC License, since they do not even mention it). I do not believe it is their intention to integrate or develop any kind of game cartridge emulation.

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
i like the idea of having a cracked OS as im not sure im comfortable with them having my switch serial number or whatever it is it takes (or maybe im mistaken anyway)

but im still happy to buy to get their jig and payload thing

Reactions: Izotov

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Aren't TX's products copyrighted ? That would put the atmosphere team in trouble to include some code in the cfw.
I would love to see that court case, I can imagine them both sitting there nervously shuffling papers, then the judge turn around and its Reggie with a ominous smirk , but tbh once the groundwork is done for atmosphere the only thing they might take from tx is offsets for patches and stuff

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would love to see that court case, I can imagine them both sitting there nervously shuffling papers, then the judge turn around and its Reggie with a ominous smirk , but tbh once the groundwork is done for atmosphere the only thing they might take from tx is offsets for patches and stuff

LOL. TX itself is very much shady AF and they don't even dare selling their stuff on their own.

You're both right lol

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The argument is the following:
  1. If one cares about supporting developers, that necessarily means that you should not pirate games.
  2. If one doesn't care about supporting developers, that necessarily means that there's no less reason to pirate SX OS than there is to pirate games.
In other words, there's no argument for pirating games but not SX OS.
You are not really supporting the devs when you buy games, they get paid regardless. You are supporting a conglomerate that has their own best interests in mind and doesn't care about you. :D

Reactions: d10s_fcb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.