Hacking hermes + waninkoko + d2x?

ramidavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch day wii, running 4.2u, and currently i have hermes cios v5 (IOS222 with base IOS38, IOS223 with base IOS37, IOS224 with base IOS57, IOS202 with base IOS60), waninkoko's cios r17 249/250, bootmii/boot2, bootmii/ios, HBC 1.0.8, & cMIOS(downloaded with NUSD, patched and installed with cMIOS patcher v10, default settings).
Now, i would like to know if i should also install the d2x cios in slot 247 and slot 248, or is that just over kill? I as of yet do not have preloader/priiloader/startpatch installed, but startpatch seems better to me as it does not move/copy the system menu, right? Or is pre/priiloader really that much better, like i have heard? What is so bad about startpatch?
The way i figure it, is once i have hermes, waninkoko's and d2x cios plus startpatch, i should have the best compatibility i can get for a softmod right?
unsure.gif

Thats pretty much the conclusion i have come to after reading through this.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dich the Wanin Cios. Install d2x as your main Cios. It's an vastly improved version of Wanins.
Waninkoko has posted that he would like to contribute in further development of the the d2x cIOS.
Keep hermes in slot 222,223,224, 202.
install d2x with base 56 in slot 249, and base 57 in slot 250.
It's all you need.

Use modmii to get your files or use the official installers.

Also use priiloader instead of startpatch, in case of a banner brick.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hielkenator said:
Keep hermes in slot 222,223,224, 202.
Yep, d2x is the best cIOS, period. Some people still need Hermes cIOS because some HDs only work with it, and some music games work a bit better (afaik), but this should change with d2x v7, bringing a better EHCI-Module, based on he one from Hermes, if I got that right. This should make any other cIOS obsolete, finally!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
JoostinOnline said:
Blue-K said:
This should make any other cIOS obsolete, finally!
With the exception of awesome apps that still use 202 instead of 58 of course.
smile.gif
WiiXplorer and MPlayer CE are the only ones that I remember using IOS202, though I maybe forgot some. And even then, WiiXplorer has an option to use IOS58, and MPlayer CE is, at least for me, obsolete thanks to WiiMC (and therefore is the cIOS). Afaik, the only reason to use 202 over 58 is the better compatibility with some HDs, but if d2x v7 even improves that, why still use 202?

We'll see after an release of d2x v7, but maybe it would be better to switch to d2x after the release and maybe even change to the standart 249 slot (I'm pretty shure that the installer could exclude the DI-Module, so you still don't have anything to do with piracy). It's better to just use as less slots as possible, it's cleaner, simpler and easier to diagnose problems, in my opinion
smile.gif
. Then again, the developers can do what they want, this is just my opinion.

But until then, ModMii will install the right cIOSes.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Blue-K said:
Afaik, the only reason to use 202 over 58 is the better compatibility with some HDs, but if d2x v7 even improves that, why still use 202?
Another reason is performance. cIOS202 is faster for USB 2.0 than IOS58 afaik.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
petspeed said:
Blue-K said:
Afaik, the only reason to use 202 over 58 is the better compatibility with some HDs, but if d2x v7 even improves that, why still use 202?
Another reason is performance. cIOS202 is faster for USB 2.0 than IOS58 afaik.
If I compare CleanRip with SuperDump, this isn't the case. Oh well, we are off-topic as hell now, so we'll better stop...

Indentity

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just like to say i agree with Blue-K, it should be simplified so that there is only 2/3 slots in use maximum.

IOS236 for homebrew apps i.e WiiMC, WiiXplorer
IOS249 for loading USBLoader's, Booting Games etc.
IOS250 for problematic games,

the NAND is then essentially alot cleaner

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat