Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I have a New 3DS with boot9strap on it but according to the guide the other 3DS needs to be on 11.6 and its not. Also its an old 3DS so I can't system transfer from New to Old according to the guide.
There's no difference (in terms of hacking) between 11.4, 11.5 and 11.6 so just update. Also be mindful of whose data you want to keep as that will affect how you do it. If you want your girlfriend to keep her data she'll have to transfer to your console first before transferring the other way to do the DSiWare hax (you will be able to keep your data regardless but may lose your NNID). If you aren't both on "new" consoles or both on "old" consoles that can't be done. You say you have a new 3DS - if she has an old 3DS then this method won't work for you.

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no difference (in terms of hacking) between 11.4, 11.5 and 11.6 so just update. Also be mindful of whose data you want to keep as that will affect how you do it. If you want your girlfriend to keep her data she'll have to transfer to your console first before transferring the other way to do the DSiWare hax (you will be able to keep your data regardless but may lose your NNID). If you aren't both on "new" consoles or both on "old" consoles that can't be done. You say you have a new 3DS - if she has an old 3DS then this method won't work for you.
Yeah I have New and she has Old so I'm just gonna buy a flashcart and do the NTRboot method

Reactions: Quantumcat

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is the update that helps kill Miiverse.

Also, when did you guys get the update notification? I was in the twitch stream earlier and had no issues regarding an update.
----
No point on not updating

I didn't update a 3DS from 9.2, ever; now with OCS ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-luma-9-0-0-11-3-0.483379/page-6#post-7572843 ) being released, it makes you wonder if the process will be even easier or if there will be something that only lower FWs can do (besides the obvious).

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
true but owning multiple 3ds is a very tiny chance. Do end consumers ever buy two of the same device? Do you buy two xbox ones? do you buy two wiius?

4 3DSes (not including my gf's):
- personal n3DS (European without an NNID and a Mii) -- currently playing MH Stories on it (the physical version)
- personal o3DS XL (U - has my NNID and my Mii) -- working, not banned (bought a ton of software on it, have Pokebank)
- beat up o3DS (part of a Nintendo 3DS bundle I bought) -- working but the screen is damaged by what looks like a doggy bite, cosmetic although
- an o2DS

I will be getting my hands on the Samus Returns n3DS XL soon. Just need to sell/get rid of a few things in my collection.

Ramzitv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that update still doesn't do anything."Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience"
it's still the same. 11.6=11.5/11.4

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 2DS XL (I don't like the camera placement, the stylus and the general design). And it's not available in Canada (I don't want to import the dang thing)!

If you were talking imports
original.jpg

that's the one to go for, but fair on not wanting to deal with the hassle and DSi-wannabe camera. The placement of the SD slot is a step up from needing screws when you can't FTP or QR read on N3DS XL.

Reactions: Quantumcat

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you were talking imports
original.jpg

that's the one to go for, but fair on not wanting to deal with the hassle and DSi-wannabe camera. The placement of the SD slot is a step up from needing screws when you can't FTP or QR read on N3DS XL.

I'm more of a Slime LL kind of girl.

Seriously, it's a classy looking thing!

new-nintendo-2ds-ll-liquid-metal-slime-edition-519937.4.jpg

Reactions: IssMare

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more of a Slime LL kind of girl.

Seriously, it's a classy looking thing!

I was a liking that model for a bit, until I thought about how bad that "metal" paint can erode, especially if the A, B, X, Y are "metallic", as well. I'd need to physically check before I made a purchase. It still looks so damn cool and the addition of a DQ game is a nice compliment.
----

Well, it's actually flat-black, so that's a relief and the "metal" looks even better than I thought.
s-l225.jpg

Tempting.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,
Reactions: astrangeone

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder it if will break cfw or even wipe out all your installed games/saves if it detects cfw. Probably best to do not only a nand backup but a full SD backup before updating.
That's not a thing that can happen. By the time you can install a cfw on anything close to latest ofw, you're probably deep enough that an updated ofw could not detect the changes.

Speaking very simply here

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's not a thing that can happen. By the time you can install a cfw on anything close to latest ofw, you're probably deep enough that an updated ofw could not detect the changes.

Speaking very simply here
I will update and install with my r4 i hope there is no Problem or ban wave.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm oothax works with n3ds 11.6.0.39 U payload... I always keep around my old3ds to program the secondary exploits

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add insult to injury, technically Nintendo owns the software inside the system.... so your actually committing vandalism of their own code (Presuming when we talk property, where also talking digital property, btw, you don't own any of your games either. That also is the property of the company who made it. That bit is a legal grey area)
While not Nintendo or any thing video game related, but on a more serious note, hardly anybody in America even owns their homes. It actually belongs to the state government.

D

Deleted User

Hm, then Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions will require 11.6 to be playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)