Hacking Here are the features I need-Recommend a solution!

Volsfan91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I will be getting a flashcart. However, I have certain needs in said flashcart that have to be met. Could you please analyze the list and tell me what the best product to choose would be?

DS Lite (unflashed)

Things I need:
*Ability to dump my own DS cards (whcih obviously means I'll want a combo pass and slot 2 device) (this is not necessarily a must)
*Ability to dump my current DS card gamesaves
*High game compatibility

Things I want:
*Preferrably, GBA compatibility
*Preferrably, somewhat high homebrew compatibility

Any ideas? Also, taking SD/mini-SD media is a plus, especially the former.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with the G6 Flash for it's high GBA and NDS game compatibility and ability to dump game card saves to the flashcarty. But if your going to use it for movies and music, get something else, 512MB is a little bit small. Though the G6 lacks the ability to dump DS games. With DLDI being developed so well, G6 homebrew compatibility will shoot through the roof.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As it stands, you should probably look into the following carts (arranged by what I think is best):

1. M3 Lite - excellent GBA, decent homebrew (which should get better with DLDI), takes microSD. Expensive.
2. G6 Lite - spectacular GBA, fairly bad homebrew (which should get better with DLDI), fixed memory at 512MB. Higher battery life. Its more expensive if you already own a microSD card.
3. Supercard Lite - decent GBA, good homebrew, expandable memory. Cheapest option.
4. M3 mini/M3 full SD - excellent GBA, decent homebrew (which should get better with DLDI), takes miniSD or full SD. Expensive. Sticks out of a DS Lite an annoying amount (miniSD) or an obscene amount (fullSD).

The final choice depends on how important the features are for you. All have almost perfect DS compatibilty, but the price varies alot.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mostly agree with kobewan's assessment except that the G6 has fewer problems with DS games than the other carts, mainly because it doesn't use SD cards. If you get an SD based solution make sure you get a fast SD card to go in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@