XP
Country
Portugal
ux0 or ur0 :tai/config.txt
Use # to comment a line, ie, disable a plugin

You can also delete the config to be safe and make a new config.txt later

@Shady
Pkgj is a fork of pkgi
Hmm, sorry then, haven't tested that fork. Can attest that original PKGi works without issues, as an alternative

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
How can I do a fresh install? I have a bug whereby my vita would turn the screen on every now and then saying application not found and I wish to get everything back to normal

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work. I thought i should share some stuff i found.
Create the app folder and UPDATE365 first.
Don't run VitaShell before updating, that'll screw up the update (gives you a warning to reboot).
Upgrade vitashell to 1.82 and then use AppStorageManager to move it to ur0 (you should have done this anyways). App Storage Manager: https://bitbucket.org/Lupo511/appstoragemanager/downloads/
If you run into a problem installing vitashell, make sure it's not in ur0. If it is, use appstoragemanager to move it back to ux0. Things in ur0 aren't updatable.

Here's where i got confused/sidetracked:
After you install updater.vpk it will create files/folders in app/UPDATE365 and delete anything that's in it. So if you moved PSP2UPDAT.PUP in the folder before installing updater.vpk, you're doing it wrong.
After updater.vpk has been installed, then copy the P2PUPDAT.PUP in the folder.
Uninstall enso (run enso installer, hit 0 to get past the warning, then hit triangle to uninstall).
Reboot
run updater.vpk. It has two warning screens with 20 second delays.
You can use the molecular shell instead of vita shell before you update. If you need to use vita shell, you'll have to reboot before using the updater.
If you don't have molecular shell, just hit the L trigger when using the browser henkaku enable method.

Tips:
After uninstalling enso or after installing the update, unsafe homebrew is checked off. You'll probably want to go back into settings and fix that.
The config.txt in ur0:/tai has been streamlined a bit (?). Just copy your plugins back in there. Also check this guy's repositories for updated plugins.

Reactions: Ozz465

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having issues with this as when I reboot, run henkaku and try to launch the updater I get an error saying that it can't find the update file. When I look inside the folder, everything has been replaced with files for an actual app. I have tried doing it multiple times and everytime I reboot I get the same error.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Uhhh, so I've been charging my Vita for about 11 hours now, when I hold down the power button, there's no screen or lights or anything. I'm now just very confused because it was working fine yesterday.

But, now I can't exactly test the guide before I release it, so if someone could help me out with that, that'd be great.
Hmm... it sounds like it haven't charged properly, try another charger for starter and let it load with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with this as when I reboot, run henkaku and try to launch the updater I get an error saying that it can't find the update file. When I look inside the folder, everything has been replaced with files for an actual app. I have tried doing it multiple times and everytime I reboot I get the same error.
Read my post.
When you install the updater it deletes everything in the folder and installs into the app/UPDATE365 directory.
For a while i thought it was unpacking the update file, but it's not. Just put the update file in there and you should be good.

Reactions: Icirrus

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Read my post.
When you install the updater it deletes everything in the folder and installs into the app/UPDATE365 directory.
For a while i thought it was unpacking the update file, but it's not. Just put the update file in there and you should be good.
Read it just after I posted about it. Thanks for your help

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does it mean by uninstall enso patch?
I'm not sure, but i think he's treating enso as a patch for henkaku that autoloads henkaku.
Basically if you don't uninstall enso, when you start the update application it'll ask you to uninstall it and you'll be stopped at that part.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm not sure, but i think he's treating enso as a patch for henkaku that autoloads henkaku.
Basically if you don't uninstall enso, when you start the update application it'll ask you to uninstall it and you'll be stopped at that part.
so i should uninstall enso?
after restarting i should not be able to run the updater because it's a homebrew app, i should run activate henkaku first then run the updater, right?

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i should uninstall enso?
after restarting i should not be able to run the updater because it's a homebrew app, i should run activate henkaku first then run the updater, right?
Yes. Just use the browser to start henkaku. You should probably remove your plugins in enso as well if you're using any. The flow has updated nonpdrm and gamesd skprx files on his github repositories that are compatible with 3.65 so grab those and update afterwards.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes. Just use the browser to start henkaku. You should probably remove your plugins in enso as well if you're using any. The flow has updated nonpdrm and gamesd skprx files on his github repositories that are compatible with 3.65 so grab those and update afterwards.
i am using vita memory card, but i don't think i removed the plugin correctly, where i find them?
it's been very long time since i used my vita, i moved the tai in ur0 folder in movie folder and deleted the one in ux0 just to be sure.

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using vita memory card, but i don't think i removed the plugin correctly, where i find them?
it's been very long time since i used my vita, i moved the tai in ur0 folder in movie folder and deleted the one in ux0 just to be sure.
all the plugins should be in the ur0:/tai directory.
You don't need to remove the plugins, you could leave the skprx files in there, just edit the config.txt file and comment them out when they're called (put a # in front of them).
After the update you'll have to add them after the *KERNEL tag just like how it is in your current config.txt file. Just make sure you put the updated ones after the update in the ur0:/tai directory before adding them back into the config.txt file.
I'm not too sure what'll happen if you try using the old plugins with the new enso, but i think you can bypass the config.txt file by holding down the L trigger on boot if that's a problem.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hmmm, it says it didn't find the ux0:app/UPDATE365/PSP2UPDAT.PUP file, i went there and there was sce_sys folder and eboot.bin, kernel.skprx, kerenl2.skprx and user.skprx

where the PSP2UPDAT.PUP is gone?

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, it says it didn't find the ux0:app/UPDATE365/PSP2UPDAT.PUP file, i went there and there was sce_sys folder and eboot.bin, kernel.skprx, kerenl2.skprx and user.skprx

where the PSP2UPDAT.PUP is gone?
Same problem i had....
You need to copy the psp2updat.pup file into the directory after you install the update.vpk file. The update.vpk file will delete everything in the /app/UPDATE365 directory and install itself there.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
success
after the installer, i was deleting those files, that's why the app didn't worked the first time.
is it normal it installed enso it self after update?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You have pkgj working?

ux0 or ur0 :tai/config.txt
Use # to comment a line, ie, disable a plugin

You can also delete the config to be safe and make a new config.txt later

@Shady
Pkgj is a fork of pkgi
Just tested PKGj, working perfectly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so now how i should start adrenaline?
the config.txt inside ux0/tai was replaced by fresh one and current adrenaline is not working.
Install the new version of Adrenaline via vpk, it worked for me. I remember some config.txt shenanigans in the previous version were required for it to boot in the first try (would require running the app twice otherwise), don't know if they still apply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8