Helpz please, problems with system menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jsaden, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009
  1. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    Okies so, I'm working on modding my wii to play backups of my games right? I get to a point where I need to install a certain CIOSv7 I believe was the name, however I kept getting the error ret = - 1035, so I found this video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN10rbjfbm8...player_embedded on how to fix it, which entails first formatting the Wii, then launching PatchMiiIosDowngrader, then prompting you to install a ton of IOS's other than IOS35, so I skip IOS35, install everything, other than he didn't mention installing the system menu 3.2 or 4.0, not that it's all his fault I'm a big noob to this. But I restart my wii the preloader launches like always, I try to go to system menu and a pixelated error message come up saying The system files are corrupted , "please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help" or something like that I think, i can't really read it cuz its all jacked up... -.-. So I have no clue what to do [​IMG] I'm very sad and would appreciate all helps. I've also tried launching a wadmanager from my SD card and if I try to launch any wads then some "dump code" I think its called comes up, like 8 lines of code or seomthing I have no idea what it is. So please helps! Thanks :\

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ok I don't know what other guide you were following, but about 95% of that video seemed like it was really unnecessary, and the one thing that was actually something that was supposed to be done was quickly glossed over as he was mumbling about it.

Formatting the Wii is a useless step that I wouldn't be surprised if it caused even more problems. Downgrading every IOS without doing anything else was also pretty unnecessary, and I'm pretty sure he WASN'T wrong in his correction in the video saying it would work for LU64/LU65 Wii's as everything in the video dealt with downgrading IOS's and pretty much everyone of them at that. I'm pretty sure that would render an LU64 Wii completely useless.

Provided you DON'T have an LU64+ Wii all you would've had to do to install cIOS rev7 is run that dvdx thing to downgrade IOS35 and then install IOS35-64-v1040.wad, and then use wad manager 1.4 and select IOS35 to use to install the cIOSv7.wad. No formatting, no touching every IOS.

For any future guides that you want to follow, I suggest they be something from GBAtemp such as this excellent guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Contrary to what that guy said, following that offline guide would have most likely been safer than what he had you do in his video.

Any guides on this site will have a long list of replies to it generally listing any possible problems people may have had with it, and how to go about solving it. Also if a guide is crap, it would probably just get shot down pretty quickly by the majority of posters here, so most guides you use from here should be pretty solid.

Now for your problem, what firmware were you on before this and what serial number is your Wii? And I take it you can still launch HBC through preloader since you ran Wad Manager? What wads did you try to run after that?

There are more people here that would probably be able to help you better than I would here, but if none of them pitch in, I'll try to help as best I can. Just try to get confirmation on anything anyone tells you to do as best you can before you do anything lest you brick your Wii any further than it is.

3. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Have you tried re-installing preloader from HBC, could be a good start, I'm looking at the guide right now i believe it is from GBATemp atleast the links in that youtube video lead back to here

heres the guide from the Video, not saying thats theres anything wrong with the guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

edited:Re-Wording

4. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    "H3LP3R"? Oh god....

I love how these people post these so-called tutorials and tell you to install every IOS under the sun. Take the previous advice next time and read one of the solid tutorials right here on GBATemp.

That said, all you really had to do (providing you are not on an LU64+) was to use Waninkoko's IOS downgrader to fix that -1035 error. Simple as that.

5. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    I was on 4.0U before formatting and everything, I haven't tried reinstalling preloader or anything through HBC, I don't think I can get to an HBC though because formatting removed all my channels, unless I installed it after that I guess, I'll go check and try to load preloader from it if its there, thanks so much for the response and the help

my serial is LU52 btw

6. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    OK I tried to launch HBC from preloader, and it says "Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?" I try to load wadmanager and it asks for what IOS to use, but any IOS i choose I get the "Exception (DSI) Occured!" followed by lots of code and a "code dump."

7. WiiBlaster

United States
    Have you tried different wad managers? I'm not sure which version preloader your using, but in preloader do you have a option to load the system menu off of a different IOS's, doing that might get you back into the system menu.

if you do get a Wad manager working, try installing a old version of the HBC thats in wad format, if you can do that, that would get you HBC working again from preloader

8. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    w00t I love you wiiblaster

9. nabster92

United States
    If you can on your wii do a boot2 install of bootmii and make a nand backup now just in case you manage to brick any further. Where you're at now shouldn't really need to be a permanent solution though. Now that you can get to your system menu you should work on getting everything else fixed so you can run it normally.

Also since you're able to run off IOS249 in the first place...you successfully installed cIOS already? Maybe you should try running IOS downgrader from the ultimate 4.0 online guide to fix whatever else you did to your IOS's

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Either get a boot2 install of bootmii with a nand backup before doing that or get confirmation on what to do from there from someone more knowledgeable on this.

10. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    OK you say since i have my system menu i can work on getting everything else fixed to run it normally, what do I do to get it back to normal, then from there I can get bootmii installed and my nand backup, altho I don't know how to do either [​IMG] then work on installing a backup launcher. Where should I start [​IMG] thanks

11. WiiBlaster

United States
    yea do the bootmii stuff if you can and make a nand backup, has for fixing everything else, Well you could first start by installing HBC, then restart your Wii and go back into preloader, and set the system menu to start off of IOS60 like its apost to, this will cause the system menu corrupt again but this time to fix it, just start HBC from preloader and re-install preloader, This should get your Wii back in good working condition

12. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    I have hbc up and running and bootmii and a nand backup, for some reason when i launch preloader through HBC it just sits at a screen that tells me they hold no responsiblity and to turn off the system if i don't agree with it, but it doesn't seem like its reinstalling it... how do i properly get it reinstalled? or should i just keep my system menu booting from ios249? or does it have to be at ios60

edit - ok im stupid, i was trying to push "a" to install preloader and i needed to push "1" so now i can start http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 this tutorial from steps "A" and "B" then "9-15" and then I can load other apps from HBC?

13. nabster92

United States
    I think since you already are running off of IOS249 you have cIOS installed already. So you should be able to start form step 10 and go from there, or if you do have wifi you can just do the whole online guide.

14. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    I have successfully installed and launched a backup copy of my game! Thanks so much to nabster92 and WiiBlaster for all the attention and help. Thanks ! ^^

15. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Why would you even look up on youtube how to fix this problem anyway. Just use the search button here and find tutorials on how to. I would do some research first because you can easily brick you Wii when you are modding.

edit: This post was not written by the great p1ngpong, but rather k3vin369

excuse the n00bness [​IMG]

16. k3vin369

Newcomer k3vin369 Advanced Member

Canada
    Okay, I posted that above^^ , But I have no idea how I was logged into p1ngpong's account. Seriously weird, can anyone clarify if this is some prank of GBATemp's; or something like that?

17. WiiBlaster

United States
    I've seen it happen on other sites but never on this site, but it is very odd, i have seen it happen when you click on a link that someone else has posted, and it takes you into their account, very strange more than likely a one time glitch

edit: WTF is up with p1ngpong personal pic

18. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Glad you like it [​IMG]

19. jsaden
    OP

Newcomer jsaden Member

United States
    Kevin like I had stated, I'm a noob to modding so I didn't know about this site, now I'll use it, thanks for your curiosity tho...