War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been reading up and I've seen that apparently the new form of modding is to soft mod the PS2 using some sort of exploit, right? It involves using an Action Replay and a USB stick, I think. Is the overall cost of softmodding it this way less than just buying a Swap Magic? If soft-modded, can you just burn the .iso to a DVD and play it without swapping or anything? Also, does the PS2 have to be a certain version? Thanks!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You need some way of accessing the USB port on the PS2 and a Memory card (Genuine Sony 8mb), so if you don't have Swap Magic you'll either need a chipped PS2 (or access to one), a cheat device like ARMax or Codebreaker or some other similar method. Ultimately starting from scratch you need to buy something, so it comes down to whichever is cheaper in your area.

Once soft-modded PS2 iso's need to be patched first and then can be run using an application called ESR. FMCB (Free McBoot) should work on any PS2 i believe, but obviously you'll get the most benefit using it in a chubby PS2 since you can utilise an internal HDD to store and run games directly (no need for a patch on that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free