Hacking help =(

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have a chance of getting banned, but how big it is depends on what you are doing.
If you never installed any nsps or xcis, don't cheat or mod online or mess with nintendos online service in any other way, you should be relativly safe.
Mounted XCIs (even self dumped ones) should never be played while being online, but should (as long as its a normal game XCI) not increase the chance of getting banned, when only played offline.
I'm online with CFW for about 2 years now, first half to two thirds of it while regularly using sxos, and without ever creating an emunand, and I didn't get banned yet. But I also always keep an eye on the changes hapening in sysupdates and cfws, and even used the error and creport modules of atmosphere with sxos for more protection (don't know if sxos now includes them, since I stopped using SXOS, when playing self created XCIs online became unsafe because of additional protections added by nintendo)

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

dario1414

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a chance of getting banned, but how big it is depends on what you are doing.
If you never installed any nsps or xcis, don't cheat or mod online or mess with nintendos online service in any other way, you should be relativly safe.
Mounted XCIs (even self dumped ones) should never be played while being online, but should (as long as its a normal game XCI) not increase the chance of getting banned, when only played offline.
I'm online with CFW for about 2 years now, first half to two thirds of it while regularly using sxos, and without ever creating an emunand, and I didn't get banned yet. But I also always keep an eye on the changes hapening in sysupdates and cfws, and even used the error and creport modules of atmosphere with sxos for more protection (don't know if sxos now includes them, since I stopped using SXOS, when playing self created XCIs online became unsafe because of additional protections added by nintendo)
so you dont play pirate game online?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so you dont play pirate game online?
Going online in pirated games is nearly an instand ban, independend of the type, because of the way the authentication when going online works.
Even legit self created xci dumps, when mounted in SXOS are a fast ban now (where safe before FW 9.x), because nintendo added some checks there, that SXOS doesn't imlement.
Having games installed onto the system is a probable future ban, because the tickets created when installing nsps/xcis are identifiyable as invalid by nintendo.
Cheating or modding in Games you own and while online can with luck only lead to a game ban, but will often also lead to a console ban.

I myself don't really pirate games anymore, except for maybe some early XCI leaks of games I preordered, and cant wait for, which I then mount in SXOS, and use while offline, besides that, I now use atmosphere most of the time

dario1414

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online in pirated games is nearly an instand ban, independend of the type, because of the way the authentication when going online works.
Even legit self created xci dumps, when mounted in SXOS are a fast ban now (where safe before FW 9.x), because nintendo added some checks there, that SXOS doesn't imlement.
Having games installed onto the system is a probable future ban, because the tickets created when installing nsps/xcis are identifiyable as invalid by nintendo.
Cheating or modding in Games you own and while online can with luck only lead to a game ban, but will often also lead to a console ban.

I myself don't really pirate games anymore, except for maybe some early XCI leaks of games I preordered, and cant wait for, which I then mount in SXOS, and use while offline, besides that, I now use atmosphere most of the time
last question can i use two different sd card? one for the normal games to play online and one to play pirate game off online?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
last question can i use two different sd card? one for the normal games to play online and one to play pirate game off online?
If the one for pirated games contains an emunand, and you use them only with the emunand, and stay offline with the emunand, it should be ok.
Importend is, that not the SD-Card is the importend part, but the nand/internal storage. So by using the emunand offline for the unsafe things, you keep everthing that would allow nintendo to detect CFW in its own sandbox, away from your systemnand.

dario1414

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the one for pirated games contains an emunand, and you use them only with the emunand, and stay offline with the emunand, it should be ok.
Importend is, that not the SD-Card is the importend part, but the nand/internal storage. So by using the emunand offline for the unsafe things, you keep everthing that would allow nintendo to detect CFW in its own sandbox, away from your systemnand.
i make sure that nothing is save in the system

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i make sure that nothing is save in the system
Keep in mind, that everytime you install an XCI or NSP to the SD or sytem storage, a ticket/file is added to the System storage, which is the main problem, so its only safe to install things, if you really splitt them into two with an emunand.
Mounting game XCIs in sxos, while offline in either the sysnand or emunand on the other side should not be that big of a problem, since it doesn't realy leave extra traces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1