[ Help ! ]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fureshyu, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Fureshyu
    OP

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    So I was trying to install the lesshax robpin and I wasn't quite sure where to get the less.3dsx (I'm going to assume I needed to rename my boot.3dsx to that) And I've put myself in a really crap situation. I renamed my boot.3dsx to boot_old.3dsx since I was going to copy and make my boot into less.3dsx. Since I have no real way of accessing the microsd (I have an old mac) nor a way of accessing it through the n3ds data management feature, I'm stuck without a way to rename the old_boot.3dsx back to its former. I am without homebrew, and without homebrew -- which is on autoboot, I don't have access to my CFW.

Is there anyway to access rxtools so I can install CTRX into my sysnand, use that to rename my boot.3dsx and then have everything reverted back to normal?

I tried to go to launch.rxtools.net but it just stays there. I have a n3ds fw 9.2 w/ rxtools 9.5 (but no means of accessing it currently)

Yes I know. I f'ed up.

Edit: I just realized my title isn't very helpful, sorry. I'm not sure how to edit it?

2. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    take your micro sd out, turn ds on, put sd in, start management app.

3. GoodCookie88

GoodCookie88 rekt em skrubs

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    If im correct you cannot rename your boot.3dsx to something larger than 4 letters, so i see you have a micro sd card... do you have a cellphone that reads micro sd cards with you? If so...you can pop it in your cellphone and use a file explorer to rename the 3dsx back to its initial state :)

Good Luck!

Last edited by GoodCookie88, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Fureshyu
    OP

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    I wouldn't be able to use the data management app since I have a mac.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh my god... I didn't think of that! Thank you so much for the solution. I'll test it out. Just in case, won't using the microsd in my phone create data? Would that mess with the 3ds in any way?

5. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    Well thought out mate. Yeah!!!! Very well done you....

6. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    you could do it through the phone, but if you take the sd out of the n3ds, turn it on so its on the home menu, then put the sd card in an start the management.

7. GoodCookie88

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    hehe thx :P

8. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    No no praise where it's due n you were right on the ball......

9. Fureshyu
    OP

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Thank you! It worked. It did create some new data on my microSD but I deleted it and it didn't seem to mess up any of the files for the 3ds

10. GoodCookie88

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Glad to hear that it worked! Have a nice day!

11. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Why wouldn't you be able to rename it longer than 4? I have mine set as boothbl.3dsx.