Hacking HELP

87gsxr711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a soft modded Wii running for a few years now. Was originally of 3.2U but the neighbor boy accidentally upgraded me to 3.4U about a year or so ago after the mod. Luckily nothing ever appeard to be affected as everything worked fine. Been using Neo Gamma to run games off USB HD no problem. I believe it was with CIOS 249 Rev 14. Got Call of Duty Black Ops recently and found out I needed CIOS249[57]-v19 or 20. So I got v-19 and loaded it with HBC and Waninloko Wad Manager v1.4. Went to play it and Neo Ggamma would not mount the HD. So I used Wad Manager to unistall the new CIOS249[57]-v19 thinking it would leave the previous version and everything would be back to the way it was. Well apparently I was wrong. Now Neo Gamma says I am not using CIOS249. Every thing I try to do to load any CIOS (36, 38, 249) I get an error, (ret = -2011). Can someone point me in the right direction. Never had a problem installing CIOS's before. Does it have something to do with being on 3.4U now?

Thanks in advance.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you uninstalled IOS249, it did not leave the previous version. I recommend first installing IOS236 with this. After that, load rev21 and use IOS236 to install IOS249 using IOS57 as a base. If you encounter controller lag issues, use rev19 instead.

This should get Black Ops working. However, the recommended setup seems to be to use IOS56 as a base when installing IOS249 and using IOS57 as a base when installing IOS250. Using IOS56 as a base yields 99% compatibility; one can just switch to IOS250 in Configurable USB Loader for games like Black Ops.

87gsxr711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Lacius, I have been out of the Mod scene for a while since everything was working fine. I will have to dust off the mod tools. I will do what you said and see how it goes. One thing I don't remember is using an IOS base to install IOS249. Will this be self explanitory when I get that far?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After you reinstall cIOS, get a new Neogamma. The reason Neogamma didn't work was because Waninkoko changed the way the drive was accessed. It was fixed in newer versions of Neogamma.

87gsxr711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE ----

Got IOS236 installed following the link suggested, no problem. Loaded Rev21 as suggested, no problem. I was hoping that would allow me to use my previously installed USB Loader and NeoGamma R7 but neither work.

When I run Neogamma Channel I still get a "you ar not using a IOS249 If you know what you are doing OK, all others install a cIOS." error. It will still launch an original Wii disc to get around a system update. When I try a backup disk is gives an error, "DVD Rear Error (1101) no cIOS. The bottom of the NeoGamma screen says "NeoGamma R7, IOS36 (Rev 3090).

When I run USB Loader V1.5 from HBC I get a "Custom IOS could not be loaded (ret = -4100)" error.

Do I have to take the next step and install Configurable USB Loader? I was hoping not to have to but if that is what it takes to get back up and running I will.

Thanks again for your help.

87gsxr711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE #2 -

Went ahead and followed the next steps in the tutorial and installed Configurable USB Loader and the forwarder to be able to launch from Wii Menu. Games are loading fine from HDD. Now I need to figure out how to get covers to display.

Also going to have to find a backup loader for the back up dics I still use. Any recommendations?

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my advice, and it may seem drastic , is to use modmii to update your system to 4.2 and install recommended cios'. I believe cfg usbloader can load backups, but I am not sure since I gave up burnin games with the dreamcast.

87gsxr711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I can post a link to the tutorial I was using but here are the steps I followed. I just used rev21 rather than rev 20 in the steps.

Unzip the zip file and copy the contents (the cIOSX_rev20b-Installer directory) to sd:/apps
Thus, you should now have a file called sd:/apps/cIOSX_rev20b-Installer/boot.dol
If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, copy IOS56-64-v5661.wad and IOS57-64-v5918.wad to sd:/
Mute or lower volume of your speakers (the installer has loud music)
Insert the SD card in your Wii and start Homebrew Channel then the "cIOSX_rev20b-Installer" app
Choose IOS236 for the IOS to use for the installation
If you have a different cIOS already installed, you could choose that here instead.
If you don't have IOS236, then pay more attention to the "What you should install first" section above.
Push A to accept the disclaimer
We are now going to install IOS248 with base 56 using the following substeps:
Select IOS56 v5661 for the base IOS version with D-pad left/right and push A
Select IOS248 for the Custom IOS Installation Slot with D-pad left/right and push A
With the D-pad, select network installation if you are connected to the Internet or WAD installation if not, and push A
If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, you will also have to choose the SD card as the source for the WAD
Let the installation complete
Press any button to go back to the menu
We are now going to install IOS247 with base 57 using the following substeps:
Select IOS57 v5918 for the base IOS version with D-pad left/right and push A
Select IOS247 for the Custom IOS Installation Slot with D-pad left/right and push A
With the D-pad, select network installation if you are connected to the Internet or WAD installation if not, and push A
If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, you will also have to choose the SD card as the source for the WAD
Let the installation complete
Press any button to go back to the menu
Press B to exit
You have installed IOS249 into the 248 and 247 slots and can now move on with other steps in the tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1