Help with wud2app

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by atypicalchaos, May 2, 2017.

1. atypicalchaos
    OP

atypicalchaos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    Canada
    I've been having a bit of a problem with wud2app. I've been getting the "common key size is wrong" error over and over. I have the program in the same folder as the .wud, along with two key files - one named "common" and the other 'game". The common file uses the "D7B...etc" common key and is formatted X0X00000000XX0XXX0XX0XX00XX0X000 (i.e. when open in a text file, it says nothing but this, there are no spaces or other characters, in the example given I just x'd and 0'd out the real characters, so this is the same amount of digits in the common key I'm using)

Help would be most appreciated :) If you need any other additional info please let me know.

*Normally I don't ask questions on here as I usually try my best to scour the forums - I wasn't able to find anything about this particular error - probably because I'm missing something simple...

2. easyonme

easyonme Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    Hi,

I've never used this wud2app, but looking at the source code, it looks like it's calling for a "common.key" and "game.key". So this means, that you probably need to create these two files with an hex editor. Instead of having a .txt file with the key written in it, create an empty file and use an hex editor to write the key in it. This will likely solve your problem.

Cheers

3. atypicalchaos
    OP

atypicalchaos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    Canada
    thank you much - I will try this

4. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    ensure the common key file contains the common key as hex, not as string.
    on wud2app type in wud2app commonkey.bin gamekey.bin "game name"

5. atypicalchaos
    OP

atypicalchaos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    Canada
    That worked great! Thank you so much - this has irked me for weeks - it takes a lot for me to ask :P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

actually I just typed wud2app common.key game.key xxx.wud and now I seem to have the install files - I will try to install them in a bit

CosmoCortney likes this.
  6. atypicalchaos
    OP

atypicalchaos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    Canada
    Install worked fine. Thank you (both) again.