Hacking Help with using a USB Drive

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am not an expert at all so any help would be appreciated.

I am on system menu 4.0 ISO 249 REV 13.

I am trying to use an external USB for the first time.

I created a partition on the drive and used WBFS Manager to format it to WBFS and then I used the manager to load an ISO on it.

I plug in the drive and go to NeoGamma R7. However it says that Neogamma should be used with REV14 or later. It still allows me to proceed but when I try to mount the USB drive, nothing happens! Is there something I am missing? Also, what do I do to install Rev14? Thanks.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I installed Rev 14 but I still get nothing when I try to mount the USB. I tried both USB ports. Is there another program to install on the Wii to make it work that I am missing? Do I have to do something else with WBFS Manager? I am so confused!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the USB drive have an external power supply? if it dose make sure it's plugged in and connected. Otherwise your drive may not be compatiple with the loader.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the partition have to be primary? I use this drive to play movies on my PS3 so I have a FAT32 partition which is marked as primary and another partition which is in NTFS format and marked as logical for backup. My WBFS partition is marked as logical. If it needs to be primary then how the heck do you change it??

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive is plugged in. The drive is not the problem. I need to know how to change my WBFS partition to primary without erasing everything on my FAT32 and NTFS partitions. Please help!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erase the partition and then on the unpartitioned space create an unformated primary partition. It's simple as that..... I advise CompuApps Swissknife v3 tool to do it. it's the easiest tool I've tried to use to do this. You should also be able to do it in the disc management in windows.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't erase the partition. I can delete the volume and then i have a block of "free space" not "unallocated". When I try to create a new partition I can select simple volume, spanned, stripped, or mirrored. Everytime I create a partition it is a logical partition as my FAT32 is primary.

How do I change the new partition (which will be a WFBS partition) to primary if I already have a FAT32 primary partition and another partition which is a NTFS logical partition.

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same freaking problem im trying to solve!!! if you do solve it please pm me
smile.gif
thanks

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Starzboy77 said:
I can't erase the partition. I can delete the volume and then i have a block of "free space" not "unallocated". When I try to create a new partition I can select simple volume, spanned, stripped, or mirrored. Everytime I create a partition it is a logical partition as my FAT32 is primary.

How do I change the new partition (which will be a WFBS partition) to primary if I already have a FAT32 primary partition and another partition which is a NTFS logical partition.
Free space and unallocated are essentially the same thing. And I don't think that being logical or otherwise should matter or not, though I could be mistaken.

Here's what I suggest:

-Format your drive to unallocated space
-Get Wanikoko's USB Loader v1.5
-Use WBFS tool to format your "free/unallocated space" partition on the drive.

That should do the trick. I know that I have my FAT32 as primary and first partition to load all my Homebrew for my Wii games (if it's not the "first" partition, Homebrew won't detect it, period). I also have a 300 GB NTFS partition for larger (typically ISO files). In addition, I also have a 30 GB FAT32 partition that Paragon Partition Manager wouldn't let me merge with my NTFS, so I just named it My Music and said the hell with it, and then last but not least I made my WBFS partition from the unallocated space (which was at 100 GB as I planned) using Wanikoko's formatter. Works just fine in all loaders. USB Loader GX, Neogamma, CoverFloader, tried them all. Not a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show