Help with USB loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ThePanchamBros, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ThePanchamBros
    OP

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    OK, so today I bought a 64gb usb for use with USB LOader GX. Then I relazied that it can olny recognize fat32. crud. Is there any way I can format my drive to fat32, or would another format work, such as NTFS?

Thanks

2. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    What format is your USB drive in right now? FAT32 is the best format to use. This is the guide that I use and haven't had any problems (http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96770). Just note that EaseUS is a great free program and like most free programs they try to install aware or other programs you don't need. Just read the installation screen closely and make sure you click no or decline to prompts asking you to install other programs.

When installing games to your USB drive, use a PC program called Wii Backup Manager (http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/home.html). This program will automatically split games that are larger than 4 gigs so they can be used on a FAT32 drive and work in USB Loader GX.

Hope this information helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

3. ThePanchamBros
    OP

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Thank you! I'm trying it right now

Clutz450 likes this.
  4. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    No problem. Also, just some friendly advice. I just came across your other post in the Hacking section stating this exact same post. Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple places. It clutters up the forum. Thank you.

5. ThePanchamBros
    OP

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    ok sorry forgot I posted it there thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok, so I did everything the guide said (used EasezUS Partion and Wii BAckup Mannager) and USB loader GX hangs on LOading config files every time...any help? thx

Clutz450 likes this.
  6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What version/revision of USB Loader GX are you using? It should be shown in the credits screen (or on the loading screen in the bottom left corner.)

Not just "3.0" but the revision number, although if it's "3.0c" that's important as that's the old channel version and it's not supported anymore.