Help with USB loader GX!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fireddionysus, Feb 22, 2013.

Feb 22, 2013
  1. Fireddionysus
    OP

Newcomer Fireddionysus Newbie

United States
    Usb loader gx will not let me play my game cube game. What I do first is, format my 4 gig usb to fat32 with the specified about of kb's which I cant remember right now. Then I put my usb into usb slot 0 in my wii. Then usb loader says to either chose or format a partition. I know nothing about partitions, So, I just select a random partition, and it loads with All my WAD's that I have on my wii menu, But, I can see my Game cube game in their also ( LOZ Wind waker) And I select it and try to launch it but it tells me I need to set the custom path to a FAT32 usb. So, I go to custom paths, find the Main Gamecube game path. But it will not let me change it from SD:/ to USB:/ So if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. If I posted this in the wrong section I am sorry, I am kind of a noob at forum posts and all that.

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    first, update the loader to r1209 as you could be using an old one which is not compatible with DIOS MIOS + USB.

Next, there are two different gamecube path.
    The SD path (which can only be on SD) and the Main path (can be either on SD or USB).
    The Main path is used when you dump a game to ISO, it's the place where it's stored.

If you have DIOS MIOS Lite installed, it will tell you to move one of the game stored on USB to SD before launching it.
    If you have DIOS MIOS, it will launch it from USB. (if your Main path is on SD, there's nothing telling you to move it to USB yet)

3. Fireddionysus
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I figured it out. For some odd reason. I downgraded to DIOS MIOS 2.0 and loaded it with CFG loader and it started working! Thank you for your help!

4. Fireddionysus
    OP

United States
    But, I still have the question about USB loader GX. I have updated my loader to r1209. And I have DIOS MIOS 2.0 installed. But still neither my wii games, nor my GBA ISO's will play with Usb Loader GX.