help with updating/emulators?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CrossThatLake, Jul 8, 2017.

1. CrossThatLake
    OP

CrossThatLake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    about a year or so ago my friend (whom i am no longer friends with) helped me jailbreak(??) my 3ds. i remembered my 3ds existed last week, so i found it and charged it. i turned it on then i realized im v outdated. i'm not sure what to do and i dont want to mess up my 3ds by doing the wrong thing. i'll just list what information i know atm as i dont know what information will be useful. this was so long ago that i dont even remember 90% of the things my friend had me do. to make things worse, it was an online friend so we did it over skype, so im even more confused since i didn't really pay attention to what we were doing, i just went along with it and followed his instructions.
    information i have:
    Rei 10.5.0-30U
    ReiNAND
    menuhax
    CHMM (Custom Home Menu Manager)
    the homebrew launcher

i think that may be it. i want to get pokemon sun or moon digitally (hopefully i can find a free version, am v broke rn ;w; ) and i can't because i have to update and i remember my friend saying something about not updating when nintendo tells me to update because it could mess something up??
    also i wanted to emulate GB/GBC/GBA games on my 3ds and do not know how to, do. anything. if anyone could recommend me any good emulators and give me/link me a tutorial on how to install it that'd be amazing

anyway i need advice on what to do from here bc im Dumb and can't figure stuff out on my own. link me to any tutorials pls
    i'll update if i find or remember anything else.
    thanks for the help!

2. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    3ds.guide

(You can use freeShop to get free games, but we don't talk about that here)

3. CrossThatLake
    OP

CrossThatLake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    alright thanks. i'll do that in a few days. (it's 3am here, and tomorrow i have to go to 2 birthday parties)
    will i have to uninstall the already installed hacks, or can i just follow the guide without doing anything before? like will it affect anything that i already have installed hacks and i just want to update?

4. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    There's a section for transferring what you have already once you've installed the new stuff.