Help with tablet and gamepad

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by SuperrSonic, Dec 27, 2014.

1. SuperrSonic
    OP

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    I upgraded my no brand tablet to a Galaxy Tab 3 lite 7"; cool stuff, at least to me.

I've got some platform games on it and playing with the touch screen is the absolute worst thing ever.
    I tried connecting a Wiimote to it but apparently Android 4.2.2 doesn't work with wiimotes and no app would work so I guess that info is correct.

I've also got a usb hid adapter for PS controllers, so I thought there was still hope for playing with a decent controller. This tablet has a micro usb port and because it brings a usb cable for charging and connecting to a computer then I thought I could buy a cheap female to female usb adapter and hope it just works but I've also read that the micro usb ports usually have no power.

I tried looking around but I can't seem to find a straight answer, does anyone have any recommendations?

2. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    SuperrSonic likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    SuperrSonic likes this.
  4. SuperrSonic
    OP

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks guys.

Funny thing, the root process was successful, and I installed cwm as recovery but when I tried a ROM, I first decided to download an app that was recommended on the site I was following called Quick Boot (reboot) and when I selected recovery on the options it rebooted to the recovery menu however resetting the system would only reset it to recovery, no matter what I did it just rebooted, with no way to exit.
    I did reflash cwm from the download mode but nothing, I wiped the cache and nothing, I ended up deleting everything and returning it.
    The store no longer had the tab in stock so they offered a cheaper tablet and I took it.

This new tab is from a company called dopo, it's 10.1" 16GB, 1.5 quad core and hey it comes with BT and KitKat. It also came with a BT keyboard and case, and I'm pretty sure it also has otg. It's all around better than the Galaxy tab 3 lite.
    Been using it for a few hours battery is still pretty high, I really like it; my only concern is its durability because of how cheap the price was.
    Wiimote would not work still, but I'll keep trying and just avoid rooting.