Help with switching SD cards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gyrobax, May 8, 2017.

1. Gyrobax
    OP

Gyrobax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    United States
    So yesterday I had bought a 32 GB sd card and followed a guide here on how to move my emunand and data to another sd card (one that requires making a .IMG file of my sd card and putting it in another and opening a partition tool to expand it back to normal size) and for some reason the sd card always prompts me to format it after I've finished what the guide said, I also noticed that the letter H: is on the emunand partition instead of the other one.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    It sounds like you're restoring a full card image to an individual partition.

The easiest option for getting EmuNAND working involves using EmuNAND9 on 3DS:
    1. Back up the EmuNAND from the original SD card.
    2. Format the new SD card using EmuNAND9 with EmuNAND present.
    3. Copy the backed-up EmuNAND file from the original SD card to the new SD card.
    4. Restore the EmuNAND file to the new SD card.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Gyrobax
    OP

Gyrobax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    United States
    would emunandtool work to backup the emunand? or could I use EmuNAND9 to make a backup?

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    I haven't used emunandtool, but EmuNAND9 will work.

5. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    GodMode9 also has the feature in the latest version. You press the Home button and it has a menu for emuNAND format. You can then use Hourglass9 to copy the other emuNAND on your new card. Don't use PC tools that dump .IMG files. Use Hourglass9 to dump the emuNAND then reflash it.