OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm in need of assistance when it relates to my Supercard DS ONE SDHC version. I recently installed the new Supercard EOS or Evolution Operating System ver 1.0 SP1. I'm having a very hard time with the new system for a variety of reasons.

1) The new system which as a result has caused a few save files to be lost which I eventually figured out what I had to do.

2) The new EOS doesn't have the Auto-Set SD Speed feature which would make it easier for the SD card of my choosing which is the SanDisk 8GB MicroSD HC.

3) When booted up, it takes about 5 to 6 seconds to boot up the main menu and during games at times, it can take about 1 to 2 seconds to go through some menus like the main menus in the Pokemon games.

At first I got it to work but I had a few problems. The first problem being was that when I tried to play Bowser's Inside Story (the patched one), it caused the game to tank which had me trying to get the clean version mostly due to the fact that the new EOS has an additional patch mode which made that previous patch version obsolete. The second problem is consisted of the SD Speed which doesn't have the Auto Set SD Speed which can prove to be problematic at times.

All I'm need is some how-to on how this new EOS works because though I got a sense on how it works, the problem is of the SD Speed and it may depend on the Micro SD card I have. Can anyone help me with that?

Supercard of Choice: Supercard DS One SDHC
Flash Memory: SanDisk 8GB Micro SDHC
Supercard OS: Supercard EOS Ver 1.0 SP1

If anyone can provide me some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkX9 said:
Hello, I'm in need of assistance when it relates to my Supercard DS ONE SDHC version. I recently installed the new Supercard EOS or Evolution Operating System ver 1.0 SP1. I'm having a very hard time with the new system for a variety of reasons.

1) The new system which as a result has caused a few save files to be lost which I eventually figured out what I had to do.

2) The new EOS doesn't have the Auto-Set SD Speed feature which would make it easier for the SD card of my choosing which is the SanDisk 8GB MicroSD HC.

3) When booted up, it takes about 5 to 6 seconds to boot up the main menu and during games at times, it can take about 1 to 2 seconds to go through some menus like the main menus in the Pokemon games.

At first I got it to work but I had a few problems. The first problem being was that when I tried to play Bowser's Inside Story (the patched one), it caused the game to tank which had me trying to get the clean version mostly due to the fact that the new EOS has an additional patch mode which made that previous patch version obsolete. The second problem is consisted of the SD Speed which doesn't have the Auto Set SD Speed which can prove to be problematic at times.

All I'm need is some how-to on how this new EOS works because though I got a sense on how it works, the problem is of the SD Speed and it may depend on the Micro SD card I have. Can anyone help me with that?

Supercard of Choice: Supercard DS One SDHC
Flash Memory: SanDisk 8GB Micro SDHC
Supercard OS: Supercard EOS Ver 1.0 SP1

If anyone can provide me some help, it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure why it's taking so long to boot up. It may just be your MicroSD, since most Sandisks are Class 2; that is the reason why menu navigating may be slow.

Delete the patched ROM and put the newly updated nds1patch in the _dsone folder. http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5524-1-1.html This should work...

For Class 2 MicroSD's, 1x-3x seems to be the speed that works the best.

LinkX9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
to Uncle FEFL: That nds1patch relates to Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing... will it work for Bowser's Inside Story? Thanks for the heads up regarding my Micro SD, I didn't know it was a Class 2. I just checked and found out its a Class 2 card.

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ds1patch.dat file is only needed to be able to run Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing in patch mode.
All the other games won't get a difference if it's or isn't there, including Bowser's Inside Story which should run just fine.
As FEFL mentions, class 2 cards are kind on the slow side, specially high capacity ones, but anyway it should work with EOS. Personally, one of my cards is pretty slow, but it still works fine at speed 8/fast, but probably the best would be to start testing games at slow speeds then get it up a bit each time to see if it works fine.
And actually i don't think that it is that most of the Sandisk cards are class 2, is more like that most of the HC cards are class 2, since those are the cheapest ones and not a lot of people wants to spend extra money to get a higher speed. For the record, i own a 8gb class 6 Micro SDHC Sandisk Ultra card, but i had to pay like 150% of the price of a class 2 for it... and was pretty hard to find too, lol.

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the issue of lost saves. If their still on your card, make sure the .sav is all caps. mod on supercard site told me this is a bug they found.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkX9 said:
to Uncle FEFL: That nds1patch relates to Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing... will it work for Bowser's Inside Story? Thanks for the heads up regarding my Micro SD, I didn't know it was a Class 2. I just checked and found out its a Class 2 card.As joedanger said, that was just one of the most recent nds1patch's. The nds1patches are for the last game it fixes, and all the other games that have an AP before it (if they are fixed, which is the usual case).

QUOTE(CortalRage @ Mar 12 2010, 07:57 PM) I had the issue of lost saves. If their still on your card, make sure the .sav is all caps. mod on supercard site told me this is a bug they found.
That was with the old BETA of EOS. The SP1 has that bug fixed, AFAIK. I had no problems.

LinkX9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I already know all about that problem. Fortunately, I was pleased that I took care of the save issue. So regarding the SD Speed, since it's a Class 2 card the recommended speed depends on the game right?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, that's not true, try out some games with different speed settings each time, then see what's best for you.

Also, the reason the auto-set SD speed app isn't there anymore is because it didn't work properly on most microSDs, which rendered it pretty useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1