Hacking help with softmod skipping screen

shagg2e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thank you for anyone willing to help me, it is greatly appreciated.
i have a soft modded wii, i have down graded from the oct 23 update, and although it still says 3.3u in my setting i am able to load wads, which i believe is what the major issue with the 3.3 update was in regards too.
i am using back up loader 0.3 and tried 0.1 with the same result and have tried several other cios versions with the same results.
when i load my back up game it works kinda, it goes to the screen after launch game and starts to load except the screen starts to skip like a movie is at the end of a reel, i have tried several different kinds of media, including tdk maxell, memorex, phillips and a few others with each the same result, i have also tried different burn speeds, i am using DVD-r discs. the game plays but with the screen to continue to skip, music for the game plays as well.
any ideas in regards to a possible fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

shagg

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Movies in games will never be 100%... that's the drawback of all the "softmods"... they only read the discs at 3x, while natively, the Wii will read your games at 6x.

If you want the movies not to studder, then get a ModChip, or buy it legit.

The drawbacks of the backup loaders is such, there will probably never be 100% compatibility, but it'll be close, I'm gonna guess 95%, but never 100. The drive speed is limited due to how it's done.

I suggest get a modchip, they aren't that expensive, and you can even get solderless ones so you don't have to mess with your drive board, just clip, and play!

shagg2e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the reply, i am not trying to play movies, but backups of games.
i was describing the screen when the game loads as though an old movie reel would as it skips over and over again.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shagg2e said:
First thank you for anyone willing to help me, it is greatly appreciated.
i have a soft modded wii, i have down graded from the oct 23 update, and although it still says 3.3u in my setting i am able to load wads, which i believe is what the major issue with the 3.3 update was in regards too.
i am using back up loader 0.3 and tried 0.1 with the same result and have tried several other cios versions with the same results.
when i load my back up game it works kinda, it goes to the screen after launch game and starts to load except the screen starts to skip like a movie is at the end of a reel, i have tried several different kinds of media, including tdk maxell, memorex, phillips and a few others with each the same result, i have also tried different burn speeds, i am using DVD-r discs. the game plays but with the screen to continue to skip, music for the game plays as well.
any ideas in regards to a possible fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

shagg

Just to be clear you are on 0.3 Gamma right? Not beta?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Something to try if you havent already.. Its not ALL about the media and burn speed or anything like that. To get a good burn sometimes you have to sit back and let it do its thing.

What I mean by that is close all other programs, msn, browsers, cancel all downloads. As close as you can get to your burning program (Imgburn?) being the only thing running the better. Of course this is only a guideline, I have had plenty games burn okay while still surfing. However the one game that gave me the most trouble was SSBB on a dual layer disk. Took me 3 tries but in the end all I needed was to let the computer do it thing without 'distracting' it during the whole process.

It may not help you. But it doesnt cost you much to try it
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know you were talking about games... the opening movies to the games, not a DVD video...

the opening movies (or as they are called, FMV, Full Motion Video) will skip due to the fact they are being read at half the speed that they would be read if real.

Even with Gamma, you will still see some studders... I still test with Gamma, even though I have a modchip. I can really see the difference with the opening videos... it's the difference between night and day...

shagg2e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to burn wit hnothing else as suggested to the same result, ty though,.
Zidane the skipping goes throughout out the entire game, i have tried several games as well. anyother suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.

i read somewhere that the new wii's were coming out with epoxy on them so that they were not able to be mod chipped.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your problem is a region problem. you are trying to play a PAL game on an NTSC console or vice versa. you need to "force" in the loader settings

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
your problem is a region problem. you are trying to play a PAL game on an NTSC console or vice versa. you need to "force" in the loader settings

Are you quite sure? Wouldn't that cause much more than just skipping?

I'm worried his wii still says 3.3, that's not right. I think something is corrupted. How to fix? Beats me.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
breakdaze said:
syst3merror said:

I'm worried his wii still says 3.3, that's not right. I think something is corrupted. How to fix? Beats me.

No.. 3.3 is right, I am guessing you followed the tutorial for the pir8 fix to Oct 23 update? Assuming this is the case then that tutorial only goes to far as to fix all the IOS's that nintendo toyed with in 3.3v2. If you want to go back to a different firmware, that IS possible but it was an additional optional step.

I wouldnt worry about corruption quite yet my friend.

Are you at/around the wii currently? If you want to downgrade it to 3.2 I can assist with that, as well as make sure you get starfall installed which will go a long way towards protecting your wii.

As far as the possibility of you needing to force ntsc. I would need to know which loader you are using.

shagg2e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror,
that did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome, thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated!
thanks again.
shagg

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
breakdaze said:
syst3merror said:

Sorry, I mistook your post for the OP
smile.gif

@OP Glad you got it fixed! If YOU want help downgrading I would be happy to assist lol.

@syst3merror Good call! I will remember that next time I see these symptoms
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!