Hacking Help with Sky3ds (orange button)

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey! I think I got it. I started again from scratch. I changed Chip ID to C2 in the original template, put in my header. And then I think I found the faulty value. The MYSTERY BYTE. Sky Army Knife told me it is 01 for Pokemon Y. Since sky army knife lets you select the mystery byte: 0x00 then followed by 0x02 .. I typed in 01 myself. Cold that have been the mistake all along??

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey! I think I got it. I started again from scratch. I changed Chip ID to C2 in the original template, put in my header. And then I think I found the faulty value. The MYSTERY BYTE. Sky Army Knife told me it is 01 for Pokemon Y. Since sky army knife lets you select the mystery byte: 0x00 then followed by 0x02 .. I typed in 01 myself. Cold that have been the mistake all along??

Are u patching your roms?? Dont forget to patch your roms with your private header so the Roms and template match each other. I dont like the skyarmyknife app very much. I find this tutorial to be a lot easy and really good -> http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...y3ds-no-worries-about-manufacturer-id.393503/

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I actually did try following that tutorial, but once I get to the point where it tells you to execute something (step 19) it doesn't work. A black window pops open for a fraction of a second and then it's gone... nothing happens...

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually did try following that tutorial, but once I get to the point where it tells you to execute something (step 19) it doesn't work. A black window pops open for a fraction of a second and then it's gone... nothing happens...

Step 19 is an exec that OP teaches u to create that patchs all the template files to be with your private header, it just make things easier to you. If this step doesn't work u are doing something wrong on steps 12 -> 16. Keep in mind that u dont need to copy the text OP posted but yes get the root where the SkyTempIdEdit.exe is in the moment.

Last edited by gkoelho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse