Help with skin!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Bummz, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009

Help with skin! by Bummz at 4:08 PM (759 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Bummz
    OP

Newcomer Bummz Newbie

United States
    Hello, I couldn't find any acekard skins with vincent valentine on them so I decided to make one myself. I downloaded AK Edit and everything was working well until I put it on my sd card. Nothing shows up except a blue screen on the top and green screen on the bottom. I am using Acekard 2i for my Dsi. Does that matter? Can anyone check my folder and see what is wrong? Thank you so much! And where can I upload my folder so someone can look at it?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    either you did not format the files to the correct bit depth. you can do this by opening them with ak edit, the app will ask you to convert them, click YES. if that isn't the problem then you deleted the original skin before rebooting your firmware. the firmware is now trying to find the original skin which is no longer there. you can manually set the new path in the globalsetttings.ini.

-another world

3. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    However, AK edit cannot detect 32 bit bmp's. (Or at least that's what happens to me).

4. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    probably a problem with the skin you made. Idk how to fix your skin, but to get it off that blue/green screen go edit the globalsettings.ini file.

and where the it says something similar (i don't remember exactly) to skin = [your skin name] type in the name of another skin that's working, so you'll be able to navigate the menu's until you get your skin working.

5. Bummz
    OP

Newcomer Bummz Newbie

United States
    Today, I used acekard with a working skin and managed to go to my games. But when I changed my skin to the folder with the one I created (in system options), it turned into the blue and green screen again. I also used photoshop to save all pics as 16 bit. I am so confused!

I uploaded the file here:
    Valentine

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

6. Smannesman

Newcomer Smannesman Newbie

Netherlands
    I don't know a thing about skinning, but could the problem lie in the .ini files?
    Custom.ini has a path to a file that's not in the skin (actually one dir higher), I doubt that's normal.
    Maybe you could try the skin without the ini files to see if that makes a difference?

7. Bummz
    OP

Newcomer Bummz Newbie

United States
    I'll try that later and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestions!