Help with several R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Izual Urashima, Feb 4, 2013.

Feb 4, 2013

Help with several R4 by Izual Urashima at 12:02 AM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Izual Urashima
    OP

Newcomer Izual Urashima Advanced Member

Belgium
    First, here is which linkers I actually have :

- A R4 from www.r4i-sdhc.com - One of the oldest versions, which can't be upgraded to be used on DSi / 3DS / XL, but on which updates do still work. On that page - http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp - it is the one listed on "R4-SDHC kernel download(without (i) mark)". It can play any game, even Black 2 / White 2 and Blaze Black 2 / Volt White 2, and is clearly the fastest of the three.

- A R4 from www.r4isdhc.com - A version recent enough to be upgraded so it can be used on DSi 1.4.4, but no further. Firmware is slow as hell, and Pokemon Black 2/White 2 doesn't work (as well as several romhacks, like Blaze Black / Volt White 1 & 2, or Bloody Platinum). You can see it on the top of that page - http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_v2-0i/

- A R4 from www.r4i-gold.com - It is supposed to be upgradable so it can work on DSi 1.4.4, but the file needed to upgrade it doesn't work. Also, it seems to be a little behind in terms of firmware upgrades, although it is faster than the precedent one. As for the last one, you can see it on the top of that page - http://www.r4i-gold.com/en/download/skin/2012/0118/283.html

Assuming I possess a DS Phat (an used one, it can still play games, but the structure between the two screens is a little broken, so I'd like to use it as few as possible), a DSi XL (version 1.4.3E) and a 3DS XL, and taking into account the fact I can't buy online, which is the best solution to me to play games, preferably on DSi XL ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. Izual Urashima
    OP

Belgium
    It works on the second one, but it doesn't provide any modifications. The same games can be played. Also, due to it taking longer to load, it's less interesting than the original firmware.

Thanks for the help, though. Other ideas ?

4. Rydian

United States
    RGF's updates use YSMenu, so the game compatibility won't change unless you're actually loading games from YSMenu (dropping the files on won't give the original software extra compatibility).

Barring that, make sure your ROMs are clean.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-new-games-to-run.277771/
    (Number 3).

5. Izual Urashima
    OP

Belgium
    I used YSMenu. Couldn't use it as the primary kernel, though, I had to launch it from the R4. Sorry if you misunderstood me, but English is not my main language (French is).

Also, I checked and double-checked my roms, and they are clean.

6. Izual Urashima
    OP

Belgium
    ...Someone can help me ?

7. Izual Urashima
    OP

Belgium
    I'll up the topic one last time.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve my problem ? I'd really want to avoid having to buy a fourth linker, given I don't use anymore one of the three I possess (the third one), and even if there are some of them that are way better than any of mine (Yes, I knew about the Acekard and the Supercard DSTWO before the PMs, thanks to those who tried to help me that way).

Again, thanks in advance. I really hope one of you'll come up with a solution.

8. Rydian

United States
    When people get unsupported clones they tend to either find a way to use the RGF updates, or just get one of the recommended carts instead of buying clone after clone...

9. Izual Urashima
    OP

Belgium
    I already know that, but these are the only linkers I can get, and as I said earlier, buying via Internet is not an option. That's why I can't do otherwise.