Homebrew Help With SD Card

Deleted member 440156

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using my 32gb sd card to hack my sd card when I got an error saying that I was out of space. I looked in the properties of the sd card, and found out that the sd card was split in two: A 31GB and a 205mb. The one that the 3ds read was the 205mb drive. I'm currently using the 4gb one that came with the device, but would like to extend my storage.
Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, check if your 32 GB card is not a fake with h2testw. Do not assume it is real if it's a newly purchase card. In fact, check anyway to make sure the card is physically intact. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.

After copying everything off, use free version of MiniTool Partition Wizard to wipe the card blank and merge the partitions into one.

Lastly, reformat to FAT32 with 32 KB cluster and then put everything back on.

Deleted member 440156

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have the sd card correctly partitioned, now I'm wondering, will my installed cia games and save data still be on the system? I don't really know how FBI installs by default, and have already gotten pretty far in M&L Paper Jam. Will the transfer affect that, and if so, how can I keep my installed apps?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I copy the data to SysNAND in data settings?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have the sd card correctly partitioned, now I'm wondering, will my installed cia games and save data still be on the system? I don't really know how FBI installs by default, and have already gotten pretty far in M&L Paper Jam. Will the transfer affect that, and if so, how can I keep my installed apps?
Did you make a backup of everything from your 4 GB sd card? Just copy everything back over onto the 32 GB one.

Can I copy the data to SysNAND in data settings?
You should not mess SysNAND, CTRNAND, or directory 1:/ in GodMode9. Leave those alone.

Deleted member 440156

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't installed games have to be reinstalled after transfer? If so, I'll have to track down the cia files again.

So you're saying that CFW-installed apps don't have to be reinstalled after a transfer or storage upgrade?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't installed games have to be reinstalled after transfer? If so, I'll have to track down the cia files again.

So you're saying that CFW-installed apps don't have to be reinstalled after a transfer or storage upgrade?

What i'm saying is if you're upgrading SD card, you copy everything from the old card onto the new one. There's no reinstalling anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm