Help with saving!

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Bigmac8484, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bigmac8484
    OP

Bigmac8484 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    Arizona
    I would like to know with flash cards in general, can you save the game like you normally would on the actual cartridge, or do you have to do something special to get it to save? just curious

2. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    Save normally. Some flash cards depend, but the CycloDS is regular saving.

3. leavemealone347

leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    So CycloDS does both regular saving and instant save states, if so thats really nice.

4. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    Yeah, it has normal saving and RTS. But for like certain flash carts, you need a folder called SAVER and stuff like that. Not Cyclo though.

5. jdub

jdub Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2008
    United States
    Since this is a topic about saving ill ask here instead of creating a new one.

i just got my cyclods about 2 weeks ago my question is, is all .sav files for each game always going to be 512kb. even if i use multiple save slots on a particular game?

thanks for any help

6. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes. Most save files are much smaller, but since the biggest they can ever be is 512Kb, the Cyclo just makes them that size to make sure everything saves properly.

7. jdub

jdub Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2008
    United States
    Thanks Kaos

8. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Mar 7, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Just adding this in in case someone asks about Real Time Save... If you want to use it you need to be running the latest firmware and you need to hold select when going into a game. This will cause it to create a RTS file for just that game and the file is about 4mg so make sure you have space.