ROM Hack Help with save games - have I lost them forever?

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short, I (had) an early switch + 128Gb SD card set up with Firmware 9.2 and Hekate / Atmosphere. All was going well but I ran out of space on the card and bought a 256Gb. My emummc was installed as a partition at the end of the SD Card, so when I imaged the card to the new one, the emummc partition sat right in the middle of the 256Gb card. Given it's a raw partition, I couldn't find a utility that allowed me to ust move it to the end of the new drive or copy it.

Now I should have done more googling I'm guessing - to figure out how to extract the saves and user data first, but I kind of went into it thinking my previous Wii and Wii U experience would help lol. The trouble was that I assumed the emummc was an image that was kind of read-only and the saves and data end up on the SD card so I just partitioned the new SD card, and created the emummc in the spare space at the end of the new card and copied all the files from the fat32 partition of the old card to the new card, including the installed game files, etc. but I don't see them (installed games, users or saves). The original sd card was wiped unfortunately.

I tried using goldleaf to reinstall a game, hoping it would recognise the saves but the users themselves don't show and probably need to be recreated since they were done after the original emummc was created...

Is that it? Is there no way to get them back without an image of the original card? I only have a full backup of the fat32 partition of the original card.

Thanks in advance!

zestiva

Trophies
XP
Country
China
because you recreated Emumc , system will random creat partition key , can't use another nand file
If you want use old nand , you muse use Raw Disk Copier dump old tfcard hidden partion to Virtual Hard Disk file , and use PartitionGuru create hidden partition in new tfcard , and write back Virtual Hard Disk to hidden partition

Last edited by zestiva,
Reactions: jayjay123

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
because you recreated Emumc , system will random creat partition key , can't use another nand file
If you want use old nand , you muse use Raw Disk Copier dump old tfcard hidden partion to Virtual Hard Disk file , and use PartitionGuru create hidden partition in new tfcard , and write back Virtual Hard Disk to hidden partition
Thank you @zestiva that's very helpful. I'll have to be more careful next time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, my phone is from 2019