Hacking Help with running android OS on switch

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have CFW and autoRCM on for my device on other micro sd cards. I am planning on using a whole new micro sd card to run android on. The thing is, how would I boot android on the new sd card since I have autoRCM on? I can’t disable it, as I need a way to downgrade in the future if I want to. I also am wondering if there is a ban possibility? I would assume you can use it online with no issues as it isn’t running the switch’s OS? Don’t want to get myself banned lol. I can figure out how to flash android to my micro sd I just need to know what I should do about booting it into android?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
AutoRCM must be kept on at all times in order to preserve the fuses.
It has nothing to do with whether you can boot android or not.
You can boot android through hekate, autorcm would just make things easier for you
Here's a tutorial to get you started on how to set it up
By the by, i'd always recommend you to start fresh with a new sd card.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM must be kept on at all times in order to preserve the fuses.
It has nothing to do with whether you can boot android or not.
You can boot android through hekate, autorcm would just make things easier for you
Here's a tutorial to get you started on how to set it up
By the by, i'd always recommend you to start fresh with a new sd card.
Oh okay thanks, I use hekate anyways so that’ll be perfect thanks!

Reactions: NoNAND

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is your only current way of booting android
Let me know if you need more help.
Okay, going to do it now. I’ll let you know how it went. Going to be doing the 128gb img on the 128gb card, and the stock GApps. If it would be better not to let me know.

Last edited by Powerful,
Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Okay, going to do it now. I’ll let you know how it went. Going to be doing the 128gb img on the 128gb card, and the stock GApps. If it would be better not to let me know.
GApps has not much of a huge impact on your android experience if you're not that reliant on google apps to get the job done. Any GApps package, namely one that has play store YouTube and the play services would suffice in my opinion.
Moreover having that many redundant apps running on the background only eats up ram and drains the battery faster.
Get the aroma installer of GApps and from there one select what apps you want&need and what you do not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh